Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foose `56 Ford Pickup FD100

I had this one sitting around and decided to throw it together between commissioned projects.

First, this is a really great kit! Except for body portions that I prepped, I pretty much just cut parts off sprue, painted them, and put them together. Except for the body not sliding down completely (you can see in some of the pics), everything went together perfectly. Also, Revell really captured the proportions well. The pictures do not do it just justice. As I was building it, I kept finding myself looking back at my work space to take in the cool body lines from different angles.

This is build box stock except for the ignition wires. The paint is actually Rustoleum Heirloom White, which appears to be an excellent substitution for Wimbledon White. I have a street rod built using Testor`s Lacquer Wimbledon White which is very, very close in color to this, but slightly darker. The interior is also Rustoleum (Sand). 

I am not a truck guy, but I could easily see myself building a few more of these. 

Good_56_pickup1.jpg

Good_56_pickup2.jpg

Good_56_pickup4.jpg

Good_56_pickup5.jpg

Good_56_pickup6.jpg

Good_56_pickup7.jpg

Good_56_pickup8.jpg

Great looking build. The White color gives it a very clean appearance and it goes well with the light colored interior. The '56 Ford F-100 was in my mind the best looking truck they ever produced and they have offered many good looking trucks. 

Thanks again guys!

1 hour ago, slusher said:

Beautiful Truck! Great color choice. Did you clear it??

Yeah, I used Rustoleum clear, which works really well and hardens fast! The Heirloom White spray is actually a satin color. 

I found that you must either spray immediately or wait the full 48 hours after spraying color to spray the clear. Otherwise, the color coat gets a bunch of tiny "cracks" in it. 

I agree this is an excellent kit. I enjoy seeing everyone’s versions. I remember all all the grumbling when the Foose kits were announced, but they have been a home run for Revell. Guys were complaining that there was only one way to build customs, boy did we all prove them wrong!

I enjoyed my own build, it pretty much fell together. The glass snaps in place and so did the exhaust system.

I’ve already cut down and fit the chassis under a Datsun pickup, can’t wait to try a few other builds!

Surprised to hear and seeing good results with Rustoleum, is something you dont hear everyday.

Great job, looks clean and its not very common in white. I have the same problem with the cab not seating properly, maybe is the firewall location, who knowns. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...