Model Cars Magazine Forum

BugBerry: VW NewBeetle luxury delivery van

Claude Thibodeau

Hi!

Just a quick curbside to bust the winter blues! Revell's VW NewBeetle mashed with Revell's PT cruiser. Wheels from Snap 57 Chevy. Tamya's racing white with home-made decals for sides, seat and luxury cargo. Testor's Wetlook clear.

I guess that's how they would deliver the goods on Rodeo Drive...

This VW is often described as a "chick's car". With the Burberry livery, ladies seem to relate to it even more!

CT

DSC00153 (2).JPG

DSC00152 (2).JPG

DSC00157 (2).JPG

DSC00154.JPG

I like it. Great to see something cool done with both the new beetle and the pt cruiser (that I belive seem to get equal amounts of hate from people around the world). That would be a cool looking car in real life aswell that would be a headturner on the streets.

Hi!

Thanks for the comments. 

Upon building, I was amazed at how well the PT upper structure fitted the Bug lower body. Width at the top of the doors, lenght of the cabin, base of the PT windshield and cowl of thwe VW. truly, the major surgery took place at the rear: shortening the hatch and re-forming the bumper. 

I suspect I could also mash-up the remaining roof unit of the VW with the PT remaining lower section: a bulbous PT "coupe" would emerge... Maybe next winter?

Hours of fun with styrene!

CT

Hi David!

Thanks for the comments. 

I searched via Google for BURBERRY CLOTH or PLAID... And it came up. I downloaded it, and sized it via Word software, then printed it on white decal paper. The Burberry LOGO was found the same way, but printed on clear decal paper. 

Would you believe it, I was searching for the VW logo, and found one IN THE EXACT BURBERRY PATTERN!!! I couldn't believe it. Fate, I guess...

CT

DSC00155.JPG