Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell farm tractor

Gotta agree - it's a blast to build. Lots of options, in a tractor sort of way. I'm having a good time with it, and it's almost ready for final assembly. I did only minor paint detailing, and it looks great. It was kind of a slump buster, and now there's an AC-130H and LM-100J (aircraft) that have bubbled up to a higher priority.

Enjoy the build!

Looks like a good little kit, especially if you're trying to work on your weathering skills. I think they're supposed to be doing an old Deutz tractor at some point, too. I saw a picture somewhere but was never able to find it again. 

6 hours ago, Tyler62990 said:

Looks like a good little kit, especially if you're trying to work on your weathering skills. I think they're supposed to be doing an old Deutz tractor at some point, too. I saw a picture somewhere but was never able to find it again. 

Yes, the Deutz tractor is coming sometime this year, I know there are a few shots of the parts trees in the Revell 2019 thread in this section( check the last couple of pages)

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon my ignorance on old farm equipment, but was this 1:1 tractor available in the US? I'm assuming it was a Europe only offering, but figured I'd ask.

It does seem pretty neat, and there's lots of positive feedback about it. If it ever shows up at my HL I just might grab one.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Pardon my ignorance on old farm equipment, but was this 1:1 tractor available in the US? I'm assuming it was a Europe only offering, but figured I'd ask.

I wondered that too.  Here's one answer I found:

"The small tractors weren’t terribly popular in the United States. They didn’t have enough horsepower for the market, and the exchange rate made them quite expensive. About 1,000 of these were exported to the United States."

https://octanepress.com/content/1960-porsche-junior

I opened up this kit on Tues. of this week and started building, after another long project bogged down.  As everyone else said, it's a super little kit and a really fun build. It has optional front axles (with or without fenders); optional seats (padded or not); and optional bench seat/grab bars for the fenders.  An online search turned up many pictures of these tractors, with different configurations of the optional parts. 

The only change I'm making is the battery.  The one provided looks like a very modern 12-volt battery, with a digital read-out and such. Though I could be wrong about that. Anyway, I'm swapping it for a more old-school battery from the parts box.

Edited by Mike999
goof