Model Cars Magazine Forum

50 Olds kustom

Pimentel.Eng

Used the Revell kit. I rounded the front fender to much at the wheel opening and will get corrected to look more like the real fender,will be droping it some while at it. Nor sure how much i choped or or removed from the deck lid when pie sectioned. Skirts will get extended downwards and quater reworked to accept kustom taillight bezels.

20190525_212755.jpg

20190525_212823.jpg

20190525_212522.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, espo said:

Your body modifications all flow well. The body proportions can be very difficult to do without any jarring body lines. I like the mild chopped top the way you have done here. 

Any lower and would have been a nightmare to get the roof to flow with the rear glass. I had to use a section from a 49 merc roof and some reshaping to the plastic. It was my first 50 Olds and a headache for I was driving blind. At theend im very happy. Now for the smalker kustom touches.

15 hours ago, MeatMan said:

I love that kind of work! Awesome!

I watch Full Custom Garage when I can and you have the kind of eye Ian Roussel has. Bravo!

Thank you. You should check out my other work. I am a pattern maker. Not clothing but car parts. Mostly engine parts like valve covers

On 5/27/2019 at 11:04 PM, john66 said:

NICE tail dragger! Kinda reminds me of my grandfathers '49 Buick with the holes in the side.---John

ah yes, the famous Buick portholes, I remember them well, used a lot in the golden years of customs...

Were I am with this Kustom. One side so far. I want to see how it looks before doing both. The taillight will ride right above the bumper giving the corners a sunken look. Might blend in the splash pan,we will see how the rest looks with primer first.

20190602_222208.jpg

20190602_222231.jpg

20190602_181228.jpg

20190602_181203.jpg

20190602_181218.jpg