Model Cars Magazine Forum
StevenGuthmiller

1964 Pontiac Bonneville Grille Inserts.

I'm in need of a pair of the grille inserts for an AMT 1964 Pontiac Bonneville.

Anybody?

Please? :)

I have stuff to trade.

Steve

57 minutes ago, Ron Hamilton said:

Didn't I give you some pieces from a 64 Bonneville ?

Was it the stock wheel covers?

If I recall correctly, those are the only parts that I needed to find.

At one time, I had 3 '64 Bonnevilles in various stages of disrepair, all but one of which has been traded off.

Unfortunately, I had only one set of grille halves from those 3 Bonnevilles, (one had a custom front end, and the other was just a pristine body with no grille) and one of those grille halves has since been lost.

I won't go into anymore detail than that, but I need the drivers side half with the Bonneville script at the very least.

Steve

1 hour ago, Ron Hamilton said:

Didn't I give you some pieces from a 64 Bonneville ?

I just checked my "records" Ron, and it was in fact the stock wheel covers that you sent me, for which I am eternally grateful!

I have everything ready for a build of a '64 Bonneville convertible, including all fresh chrome, but unfortunately, I'm one grille half short.

Been spending a lot of time checking ebay, but so far no luck on a set, or even an affordable wrecked kit or promo that I could swipe them from.

Steve

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I just checked my "records" Ron, and it was in fact the stock wheel covers that you sent me, for which I am eternally grateful!

I have everything ready for a build of a '64 Bonneville convertible, including all fresh chrome, but unfortunately, I'm one grille half short.

Been spending a lot of time checking ebay, but so far no luck on a set, or even an affordable wrecked kit or promo that I could swipe them from.

Steve

I have a Bonneville hardtop and convertible in the stash. I have to see if I have any extra parts. If I do, ill let you know. I will be away for a week, but I'll check my box when I return.

1 hour ago, Ron Hamilton said:

I have a Bonneville hardtop and convertible in the stash. I have to see if I have any extra parts. If I do, ill let you know. I will be away for a week, but I'll check my box when I return.

Thanks Ron!

As always, you are one of my best hopes! :D

I appreciate it a bunch!

Steve

BUMP!!

I've been checking ebay religiously for more than 7 months, and still I have not been able to locate this part!

I guess I never realized how scarce parts for the '64 Bonneville are!

I also never realized how easy it is to find kits, built ups and parts for every other AMT Bonneville kit from the 60s!

There are '60s, '61s', '62s, '63s and '65s everywhere!

Very few '64s unless you're ready to plunk down $150.00 or more for a complete kit.

Your help would be appreciated folks!!

Steve

Posted (edited)

Well, I just looked at mine to be certain and, unfortunately for you, it is a 62 Bonneville. Sorry. Had it been what you needed I would have sent it to you, or someone, to cast a copy. 

I'm in the same boat looking for a good 64 LeMans hood and seat.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

1 hour ago, Modlbldr said:

Well, I just looked at mine to be certain and, unfortunately for you, it is a 62 Bonneville. Sorry. Had it been what you needed I would have sent it to you, or someone, to cast a copy. 

I'm in the same boat looking for a good 64 LeMans hood and seat.

Later-

I have seen all of the parts that you are in search of recently on ebay.

Someone parted out a kit and was selling the parts off.

A short time before that, I saw other '64 LeMans parts for sale on ebay as well.

No idea what sort of prices that they went for, but they do come up on occasion.

At this point, I would pay a pretty penny for the Bonneville parts that I need.

They just don't seem to exist. -_-

Steve

Yeah, I spotted some LeMans parts on eBay a while back and got outbid each time I had the winning bid for more than 10 min. until finally I decided it wasn't worth fighting for. Seems funny that if I bid on things someone else wants it more. If I don't bid it goes for bottom dollar. Story of my life. 

Later-

53 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Yeah, I spotted some LeMans parts on eBay a while back and got outbid each time I had the winning bid for more than 10 min. until finally I decided it wasn't worth fighting for. Seems funny that if I bid on things someone else wants it more. If I don't bid it goes for bottom dollar. Story of my life. 

Later-

Does seem to happen frequently, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Steve

7 hours ago, impcon said:

pm sent

Thanks Gary.

PM responded to.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller