Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chad Little Thunderbird

Super28

Hey, look what I dug out the closet! Yup, built it back in 1991. Used a Mark Martin Thunderbird. Don't even remember where I got the decals from. Paint is Tru-Color. No internet back then, had to use pictures from "Winston Cup Scene" Magazine and watching the races to get paint scheme .1.thumb.jpg.a44f5dc931356f1d6b74808b5169fec7.jpg1.thumb.jpg.a44f5dc931356f1d6b74808b5169fec7.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Edited by Super28

I followed Chad in those years. The decals are JNJ's.

I felt Chad had great potential, which he showed in Busch. The 19 was a family single car operation. In that car he was relatively competitive as a have-not compared to the have of Rousch, Hendrix and the like. He went to Busch after driving briefly for Cale Yarborough's 66 car. Chad was one of several drivers that could not make that car competitive. He finished second in Busch Cup a couple of years after that. He was leading but his team got John Deere sponsorship and announced a switch to Pontiac and their Ford support dwindled. When he ran the Pontiac in Winston Cup he often finished best in class behind the Chevy's and Fords. The team was bought by Roush and converted to Fords.

His son Jesse is trying to get a foothold in trucks. He often runs top ten with a shoe string budget team.

Thanks for showing this survivor.