Model Cars Magazine Forum

Never heard of this before, but WOW!!!!!

This was a very big deal years ago. I think GM was trying to get new designers into the industry. At that time there just wasn't the information available to the average student as to the options for a career. At one time Chip Foose was a student at their design studio in Los Angeles. I have no idea if he was part of the program, but this was the type of designers they were trying to attract.  

Vauxhall UK, then part of GM, ran a similar competition in 1960s and possibly later. From what I remember, contestants were given a standard set of 4 wheels to use as part of the concept, presumably to ensure some sort of scale in which to work.

Anyone else remember this?

steve

The Fisher contest was for those 11-20 years old, today that age range couldn't even read let alone comprehend that book.  In fact, most of today's 20-30 year old "men" don't have the competence of a 1965 11 year old boy in any field.  Kinda makes me glad I'm old.         

This was where many GM, and other car designers got their start. I always thought of entering this but finally admitted I didn't have the creativity these guys had!

It's good to see Fisher Body appearing at many NNL's