Model Cars Magazine Forum
Jantrix

Monogram 66 Malibu Street Rat

Posted (edited)

I'd love to get my hands on this old favorite from childhood. The red one if possible but I'll take either when it comes right down to it. I have kits to trade. I'd consider a build up thats not in bad shape.

Image result for monogram 66 malibu

Edited by Jantrix

Check fredsmodelworldonline , he has one on his list, he may or may not still have it, but worth a shot. I’ve bought from him many times , he’s a good seller.

Did you find one yet? I see they're not uncommon on eBay and prices aren't TOO outrageous in most cases (i.e., in the ballpark of MSRP for common new kits). If you're willing to watch and wait, and/or accept a built one, you can do quite a bit better than that. (If you buy a built one, make sure it's got the rear bumper--I looked at at least three this morning that were missing that.) 

BTW, I'm trying to wrestle one of these things to the ground even as we speak "just because." The Lindberg kit is MUCH better, as is even the inexpensive Maisto diecast (which has been holding down the '66 Chevelle slot on my shelf for a couple decades now). B)

8 hours ago, Lordmodelbuilder said:

Yes, that's one missing the rear bumper I mentioned. It also seems to be missing the front axle, and who knows what all else. MUCH too high a price for what's here, which IMHO is only useful if you have a complete kit needing only a body due to damage or something. 

19 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Did you find one yet? I see they're not uncommon on eBay and prices aren't TOO outrageous in most cases (i.e., in the ballpark of MSRP for common new kits). If you're willing to watch and wait, and/or accept a built one, you can do quite a bit better than that. (If you buy a built one, make sure it's got the rear bumper--I looked at at least three this morning that were missing that.) 

BTW, I'm trying to wrestle one of these things to the ground even as we speak "just because." The Lindberg kit is MUCH better, as is even the inexpensive Maisto diecast (which has been holding down the '66 Chevelle slot on my shelf for a couple decades now). B)

No I haven't. But it's a kit that I'd like to have, because I liked it as a kid. Kits like that I usually wait until one crosses my path at a swap meet or someone offers up in a trade. I'm not gonna pay ebay prices for one. Due to the inavailability of parts, I'd be leary of a build up unless it was offered from a member here who'd be able to provide good photos of whats there. Thanks for looking guys, I appreciate the help.

There are a number of them on evil bay right now.