Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is it a car or a showrod is it a truck now? Not sure where to put it so here is a safe bet. Cobbled a better interior with a little more detail and opened the cowl vent. Waiting on some sitting  figures to come in . Those will need a lot of work to look close to the characters.

FB_IMG_1559262798950.jpg

FB_IMG_1559262807184.jpg

6 hours ago, iBorg said:

Just those two pictures tell me I want to watch this one. I'd love better interior pictures.

Already it looks more "right" than 95% of the builds of this kit.

Thanks,,,but that’s all I have for now. The  seat didn’t have sides and the kit doesn’t have door panels. I’m going off a picture from the show and my bad memory ?

This is the picture

IMG_20190531_193310427.jpg

Edited by BIGTRUCK

hmm, never noticed before that the driver-side front fender looks like a sheet metal replacement.

a little photo research shows that a partial fender replacement had happened, it just wasn't an original fender that was grafted on.

Edited by blunc
add text

53 minutes ago, blunc said:

hmm, never noticed before that the driver-side front fender looks like a sheet metal replacement.

a little photo research shows that a partial fender replacement had happened, it just wasn't an original fender that was grafted on.

probably repaired in Jethro's Body Shop

I loved it when Jethro tried to modify it into a "double-nought spy car" ala James Bond. I think he used a galvanized wash tub turned upside down for a bullet-proof cockpit cover, with a peep hole cut for forward visibility. Beautiful.

Edited by bisc63
typo

Nice start so far.

I was a big fan of the show back then ( as was most any young boy ) and have given some serious thoughts to seek out one of these kits from time to time.

BUT, ive never done weathered build like this ,,,,,so I think maybe not

• 1 year later...

Popular show way back in the 60's. Besides the family there was their straight laced lady advisor from the bank I think on the show. I can remember one episode where Jethro came home and asked ' What's for dinner Grandma?' To which she replied 'Possum innards!' Then he asked about dinner tomorrow and Grandma's reply was 'Leftovers!'

I would like to get hold of one of those old kits. Funnily enough I still have a weathering article on the kit from an old copy of Model Car Science. Saved it in a folder from one of the very few copies that turned up in the UK at the time.