Model Cars Magazine Forum

Got a new daily ride yesterday!

My old ride was 11 years old. It was a great car and never gave me any troubles.

2008 and 2019 Honda Civics

140EF39B-4E24-4252-A8A7-D9A819F9AEC5.jpeg.af0f4e7c5f494cc642fad348665cae00.jpeg

The color is called tonic yellow. The salesman asked me three times if I really wanted that color. Even asked if I had seen it in person. I lied and said yes. LOL!

F35C34C0-F814-4E95-9258-A243CD2A375C.jpeg.5a918e313af2972f855c5ca619670ffa.jpeg

They had sold the one they had in stock the day before. They had to call another dealership and swap with them. Even the guy at the other dealership asked if I really wanted that color!

F5797705-541B-4E4D-BBA0-FABA40122148.jpeg.7cff803d1c7e7427eb04b3bbb8a43c4b.jpeg

I don’t see what the problem is! I love the color! Although my daughter and I did laugh  when we first saw it in person. It is kind of shocking. My son said “I am so extra!” LOL!

D7B63262-6553-4072-9CE5-017EE8D7450A.thumb.png.cf3d0e6d846b63cdbc7125d6b9ed79b1.pngE4280B02-5928-4435-A4CB-78292636A853.thumb.png.d49db8d31c5262abf7dc04cc2f2041e5.png

WOW! LOVE the color Dominick! Honda must be doing well with those as I see them ALL the time in my area. Especially the four door Civics. I'd love to have another small car again for around town, but today's smaller cars don't suit me well in the leg room department. :(

Congrats!

That is indeed a beautiful colour Dominick..... very striking. Now somebody told me at an exhibition for full size cars that a yellow car will attract bees and wasps...... and sure enough, among the hundreds of Rolls-Royce and Bentley motor cars that were mostly dark subtle colours of course, there was this bright yellow Bentley..... the owner was less than pleased with a swarm of wasps covering the entire car!  Hopefully, your shade of yellow will put them off ?

David

WOW, that is bright enough nobody, and I mean NOBODY has an excuse for not seeing that car coming from a mile away!  Just out of curiousity, how long as that color been available, never seen one of those Civics painted that color before?  Normally it's grey, white, dark blue,with the occasional black, even on the factory hot rodded models of the car, and the with the exception the white on the Si and Type R cars and black, they're otherwise all kinda "Meh".  While it's not something I would get, as I'm too much of an introvert and leadfoot to get something that bright,  I do like that color on that car!

Edited by Joe Handley

First off, your not going to lose that in a parking lot. All joking aside I think it looks great. This may restart the different shades of Yellow seen on so many cars a few years ago. This looks bold and you're going to have to keep it clean because you really will not like how it looks after a rain or snow storm. 

One thing about the color, its great for "keeping the devil out of your foot".  Get frisky and someone will call the cops, saying "I don't know who it was but he was driving an eye-searing yellow car."  They will know just who's house to go to.

Speaking as the owner of the only Grabber Blue Mustang in a town of 15K.

15 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I've heard it said that highly intelligent people like yellow...

I hope I can act as confirmation for that. :)  We had a yellow Xterra for a long time. Great SUV. It lasted 13 years until the transmission failed. 

I completely approve of that color. Out here, most of the cars you see are either silver, black, or white, and sometimes a dull, boring shade called something like Champagne. 

I wanted to add one more thing to remember with this new car. Visibility. I have no idea what type of driver you may be or if Law Enforcement in general has changed their view of brightly colored objects. I had a Hugger Orange '69 Camaro that nearly cost me my license when I wasn't even doing anything wrong. I got speeding tickets when I wasn't even speeding. You have a beautiful looking car and it's brightly colored so it will be noticed. Watch your step when you're out and about, but enjoy the drive.   

19 hours ago, espo said:

I wanted to add one more thing to remember with this new car. Visibility. I have no idea what type of driver you may be or if Law Enforcement in general has changed their view of brightly colored objects. I had a Hugger Orange '69 Camaro that nearly cost me my license when I wasn't even doing anything wrong. I got speeding tickets when I wasn't even speeding. You have a beautiful looking car and it's brightly colored so it will be noticed. Watch your step when you're out and about, but enjoy the drive.   

That's why I drive a low end 200 in black, they generally aren't know to be quick, despite the V6 models being capable of 14's in the quarter and 0-60 in the 6's, only have one visible cue to what's under the hood, and will blend in just about anywhere.

We recently replaced our '10 Charger RT with the HEMI and AWD in dark gray with a 'left over '18 Charger GT with the v6 and AWD.  This one is white and has the black front bumper and I had the rear spoiler painted white to match the body. I guess from a distance some think it's a patrol car but this only seems to fool real patrol cars since they are the only ones waving at us. I admit to sometimes driving over the speed limit when conditions allow and I have even driven past a patrol car and they never even seem to care. I attribute this to the color as much as anything else. Because of my style of driving and past experience with brightly colored high eye vehicles I have found maintaining a low profile is in my best interest.