[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

I like the way you build and write, Geoff! :D

Thanks Chris 🤓

Another couple of hours at the bench today on the Nova and my other build, the Kaufman Falcon.

Yesterday I thought I had securely glued the right pillar into place, but alas, it let go on me when I bent the top edge towards the rear screen. More goop and let it sit. Then had another go at getting the top edge aligned with the rear screen. The Tamiya tape is staying put for a good while to make sure the joint doesn't move as the glue sets up.

Fingers crossed coz it's looking pretty good right now!!

Cheers...... Geoff

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Pulled the tape off the Nova this morning and was pleased to see the results of the past few days' work.

I'm happy with the result so far.

Just going to let the body sit for a day or two to make sure the glue dries out completely. 

Note to self - buy some Zap kicker when next at the hobby store.

Next will be some filling and sanding to smooth off the roof to pillars transition. Then add some stripping to reinstate the trim pieces around the side and rear windows.

What do you reckon guys?

Cheers...... Geoff

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by zakdoggi
Text change

I already said some similar stuff on your Falcon build, but,

Zakdoggi, (or Geoff?), you are one heck of a modeller !

Great going, can't wait to see what's next.

Looks like a factory job to me.  Just noticed the right side B pillar appears to be slanting to the rear a bit too much, or is that just an optical illusion from the picture?

20 hours ago, Wm David Green said:

I already said some similar stuff on your Falcon build, but,

Zakdoggi, (or Geoff?), you are one heck of a modeller !

Great going, can't wait to see what's next.

Thanks David!!

19 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Looks like a factory job to me.  Just noticed the right side B pillar appears to be slanting to the rear a bit too much, or is that just an optical illusion from the picture?

Thanks Ricky.

The camera does make it appear that way, but the Nova windows are rectangles, same measurement top and bottom, so the B pillars do have a rearward slant to them. Got the ruler out and checked them, all good 👍

Today's efforts were spent on sanding and filling the C pillars and making a few fittings for the fuel cell.

I'm happy with the way it's coming together. A little bit of sunshine today but still not warm enough for any serious painting.

As always, feedback comments most welcome.

Cheers.......Geoff

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg