Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lola T-70 Mk III

Scale-Master

Thanks Tim!  Here's some more...

I've been working back and forth and back again with 3D designing, old school machining and basic hand building to facilitate better fitting of the soon to be grown parts to help the fit of the end results.

I milled up caliper and rotor "blanks" out of resin to help check tolerances inside the software and to the physical parts I have.  I also had to draw up in 3D some of the kit parts I modified for spatial orientation.  Here's some screen grabs I took before sent the files off to Fraxional.

G2QWeDI.jpg

71q7VUD.jpg

svERQHY.jpg

H6vlIvl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You are like an old girlfriend of mine, teas, teas, teas. Like someone said "always leave em wanting more. You are a true artist, and I'm waiting for MORE!!!!!!!! I know you have a life outside of building, but is there any way you could give just a little bit MORE? Just giving you a hard time. Well sort of. ?

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, 65slotcar said:

Lola looks insane  Mark.  any chance of  having  a set of  aluminum   rims and inserts made  for consumer.  i have 3 of these kits i would like to build now that i have some inspiration.

Bill

Thanks Bill,

The wheel centers will probably be offered at a later date through Fraxional.  They fit the kit tires.  They should retrofit onto the the kit suspension too. 

While I made aluminum outer rims for my model, I will not be offering them for sale, (too time consuming to make); only the 3D grown versions will be offered.  

• 2 weeks later...

I got some more of my 3D parts from Fraxional over the weekend.    All parts are raw as "grown", but I have cleaned off the supports.  Here's a few.

Flywheel with pressure plate & clutch.  Small 153 tooth flywheel.

nZoPoGP.jpg

Front side installed in bellhousing.

jvc2PLL.jpg

New corrected Hewland rear transaxle cover.

85aFVDE.jpg

Engineered to mount with magnets.  (I had the bosses for the magnets grown into the part.)

XRLMZHw.jpg

Full engine & transaxle dry fitted together.

R3fuOeI.jpg

• 2 weeks later...