Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lola T-70 Mk III

Scale-Master

That steering wheel is really impressive - I've been wondering if I had the skills (and equipment) to make one of these on my Taig.  I suspect I DO have the equipment, but will be found lacking currently in the required skills...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lucky 130 said:

Still watching, in total awe and respect. This is one masterpiece! Should be in the model hall of fame.

I have seen several of his builds here, nothing short of masterpieces. The details he picks out and stuff he makes from scratch, you'd swear it was a real car part shrunk down for models!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The rear section seemed like it needed something more, so I freehand drilled a dozen holes in the rear panel.  For a part that is based on a kit piece, I'm somewhat surprised how much scratch-work it has on it now.  It didn't start out in my plans that way, but such is the nature of this project.

FMSIZSo.jpg

JCGPUPa.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Scale-Master said:

The rear section seemed like it needed something more, so I freehand drilled a dozen holes in the rear panel.  For a part that is based on a kit piece, I'm somewhat surprised how much scratch-work it has on it now.  It didn't start out in my plans that way, but such is the nature of this project.

FMSIZSo.jpg

JCGPUPa.jpg

Awesome work, glad to see you back posting updates! 

• Like 1

Thanks Mike!

The kit seats are both the same.

BDSwP0y.jpg

I notched the inboard edges for shifter clearance and cut holes for the lap belts.

9lpg8Zb.jpg

They needed some cushion detail.  I thought I could use the pre-scribed sheet plastic I used on the camper I built last month, but it was so brittle (old stock I guess) it kept snapping, and not just in the recessed lines.  I hoped to do each in two pieces but it was more like eight per seat.

IahrV37.jpg

The indentations needed to be scribed a lot deeper and some curvature added.

gJuxtkN.jpg

Primed and on hold until painting.

8uX63hJ.jpg

• Like 1