Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any one in the know with Hasegawa?

Probably depends on the licensing details. I think Fujimi still have the licensing, as they have re-released the 250 GTO. Last year I was in Tokyo and saw the Hasegawa 250TR on the shelf in Yodabashi Camera. I should have bought it, but bought other kits that I wanted more. Luggage space was an issue :(. I also wonder where the tooling for the gunze 250GT has gone to? I have this model in my stash to start soonish.

Edited by Michael jones

It would be nice if Hasegawa would reissue that 250 TR.......eBay prices can be CRAZY! I have one fortunately with some detail stuff to build it. I'll hang on to it though as we don't know from one year to the next what the status will be for Ferrari kits.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:54 PM, Michael jones said:

I also wonder where the tooling for the gunze 250GT has gone to? I have this model in my stash to start soonish.

I was hoping like crazy that the Italeri Ferrari 250 GT SWB was making a comeback as it was hotly talked about a while back, but sadly that's not the case. :(

That's another one that's about unobtainium, but interesting enough I went on a Japanese auction site to get the one I have now. It almost NEVER turns up on eBay!

Every time I read comments (above), I'm glad that I ate mac&cheese often, and jumped on getting some kits.  What isn't shown here, is the Model Factory Hiro Lusso kit, talk about unobtanium!  I didn't realize the Testarossa was scarce, I picked one up from Fakebook.  In fact, have added an original Monogram 275P, and a Testors California, to my collection since taking this picture.

IMG_7035_Fotor.jpg

Edited by 89AKurt

Kurt, you're right about that MFH Ferrari Lusso. That was one I wanted but at the time they were nowhere to be found. As a "consolation" I bought their 330 LMB from Ed Cervo (Ed427vette on eBay). When I was at NNL East last year I picked up a Lusso transkit from AirTrax, so I can work with that one as it's quite good. Pretty much most of those kits you're showing I have in my stash and very soon I'm about to bite the BIG bullet and go for MFH's 1/12 Ferrari 365 GTS Daytona Spyder.

So yeah, it'll be a LOT of beans and rice for pretty much the rest of the year! :P 

3 hours ago, The Junkman said:

On that subject was there ever a transkit to make the factory front end rather than the pontoon fender?  I know the pontoon fender has more "character" but the smoother front end version had a better race history.

Ah, that would be very cool.

2 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Every time I read comments (above), I'm glad that I ate mac&cheese often, and jumped on getting some kits.  What isn't shown here, is the Model Factory Hiro Lusso kit, talk about unobtanium!  I didn't realize the Testarossa was scarce, I picked one up from Fakebook.  In fact, have added an original Monogram 275P, and a Testors California, to my collection since taking this picture.

I had heard about the Lusso kit for a while before release.  So I pounced on it when it finally came out.

SAM_1863.thumb.JPG.e8e09fd9c138fa3804090853af27c38a.JPG

I grabbed the MFH Lusso the moment it was on the market; it's on the bench right now.  I found an excellent resource for other MFH 1/24 Ferrari unobtanium (at "reasonable" prices) over the past two years and picked up:

'50 166M/195S; '53 500 F1 (Hawthorne); '58 250TR; '59 250TR; '60 250 SWB; '62 (Climax) GTO; and the '68 312 F1 (Jackie Ickxx).  I had collected these kits when they were released 10-15 years ago (already!) and then lost them all in a fire.  I was happy to be able to replace them.

Two others that I was able to get hold of are the Profil24 Maserati 450S (Fangio, Sebring) and Aston Martin R1 (Shelby/Salvadori, LeMans).  When these kits were originally released I sat on the decision to purchase them and then they were gone.  Profil24 re-released them in April and I had my e-mail listed with them (since 2017!) for notification when these kits would be available again, and I'm glad I did.  They were sold out within 48 hours of the re-release!  I picked up a couple of their D-Types, too, before they became unattainable.  All excellent, well done full-detail kits.