Model Cars Magazine Forum

FORD v FERRARI | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Didn't know about it until I saw the trailer during the NBA Finals.  Got to admit that I wouldn't have pictured Matt Damon for Carroll Shelby.  Christian Bale works for Ken Miles, though.  The director last did "Logan" so I'm thinking good thoughts.

Well, I'm sure they got enough stuff wrong in it to make your skin crawl if you lived through the era paying attention, and a whole lotta Hollyweird "poetic license" with enough stuff flying and blowing up to appeal to the mouth-breathers, but I'm gonna have to see it anyway.  B)

I highly doubt it will be completely accurate, as most anything out of Hollywood sacrifices a lot in that area, but I will CERTAINLY go see it for the entertainment of it, as there are just not that many good "car"movies. There are several movies that have been released that are nothing more than actions films featuring car stunts that are so far fetched the are just ridicules, but I am talking a good car movie.

4 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

While I'm not a big fan of Hollywood these days, this looks very interesting! I sure hate to see those old racing cars get cracked up for a movie. :( 

They probably didn't wreck any actual cars, probably CGI or repros.. 

14 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Well, I'm sure they got enough stuff wrong in it to make your skin crawl if you lived through the era paying attention, and a whole lotta Hollyweird "poetic license" with enough stuff flying and blowing up to appeal to the mouth-breathers, but I'm gonna have to see it anyway.  B)

I thought exactly the same. If you are gonna tell a story, tell the real story not a fairy tale

Matt Damon's a good actor, but not sure he's the guy I would have cast for the role of Carroll Shelby. Matthew McConaughey would have been a better likeness, and being a native Texan, would have been more suited to the role. One man's opinion. I'll be going to see it, just the same.

On 6/3/2019 at 6:19 AM, iamsuperdan said:

Tough to be completely accurate when you're working with basically a 2hr time limit.

Condense the important bits, tell the story, make it fit.

Still, looks good to me. I'll be seeing it for sure.

I guess one would hope they get close to the level of accuracy/correctness that 'Rush' had when it came out. . . In terms of that, Niki Lauda, when asked about how accurate the movie was, said "about 80%" but in his usual fashion wouldn't really divulge much beyond that.

My hope as a Le Mans fan is that this movie isn't "just" a film where Americans bash on Ferrari as some BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH car, the story of the GT40's birth and eventual dominance is remarkable enough without over the top silliness such as that.