Model Cars Magazine Forum

The first dump truck that my father-in-law drove for the company he works for was a 1983 Mack. B series? The one he drove was sold out of county but its sister truck was sold local. I want to build a model of his so he took me out to see this one so I could get some pics.

I  think I  really could sell this pic. 

Any help on what Mack kit to use as a base would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

20190601_125003-EFFECTS.jpg

That's your typical R model Mack in the photo it seems. I'd probably add the Heil dump box off the paystar or the smaller one off the Louisville.  Dave at AITM would have the dump box too. Mount a Luberfiner to the drivers side..and plenty of debris and it's mostly there ! 

22 minutes ago, gotnitro? said:

Funny cause I was storing up parts for building a replica of my step dads truck,  then this happened ...trailer tires caught soft shoulder 

123_1(2).thumb.jpeg.99ff1ad4dce27afd8a799225334cb5f5.jpeg

Ouch!!!! Meh, that'll buff out won't it?? lol

:):):)

On 6/3/2019 at 8:47 AM, gotnitro? said:

That's your typical R model Mack in the photo it seems. I'd probably add the Heil dump box off the paystar or the smaller one off the Louisville.  Dave at AITM would have the dump box too. Mount a Luberfiner to the drivers side..and plenty of debris and it's mostly there ! 

100% with what Jeff said.....   judging from the size of the dump-bed in the picture,  looks like the one from the Louisville kit would be closest....   and yes, those that Dave casts are really nice units....  If you do decide to use one from the Paystar 5000 (and don't have one) holler at me.

DJ