Model Cars Magazine Forum
thatz4u

Tru-Scale Resin 58 Dodge pickup kit wanted

kind of a long shot, but who knows, i might get lucky.....:unsure:

I know that when Mike died,  Scale Equipment Company acquired this mold.  

04HPTopGraphic.jpg

See the pickup in his used car lot diorama.   I don't see the truck available on his website today, but it's worth an inquiry...

http://www.seltd.net/

I saw it available about two years ago as I had just acquired a real deal '58 & wanted a 1 ;25 version of it. It was way expensive (only 2 left, I think) and I had to pass. It came w/both the stepside & Sweptline boxes. Way cool, but not for the $$$$! Good luck!

On 7/14/2019 at 9:11 AM, 68shortfleet said:

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately I didn't get in on it. Thought I had 6 days to bid but must have said 6 hours :(

On 7/17/2019 at 12:06 PM, Tom Geiger said:

Just found one on the 'bay...  this is a fresh casting by Frontier Resins.  No doubt you could buy direct from him too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-dodge-cab-and-8ft-bed-2-styles-to-chose-from/233286315131?hash=item3650f2ac7b:g:IaoAAOSwpLVb~0lk

Thanks again, Tom! Checked it out, but it has some issues, most notably the heavy & incorrect character line that ends after wrapping around the rear corner of the cab. This should be be much more shallow & end in the door near the back edge. It features the wrap around back glass that my 1:1 does not have. I will be holding out for Scale Equip. version...

035.JPG

On 6/3/2019 at 11:13 AM, thatz4u said:

kind of a long shot, but who knows, i might get lucky.....:unsure:

One just posted on Ebay that says it is from the 90's and doesn't look like a Frontier cab. This one has a stepside bed though.

at some of these price, I guess I will pass...:(

Posted (edited)
On 7/21/2019 at 7:18 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

One just posted on Ebay that says it is from the 90's and doesn't look like a Frontier cab. This one has a stepside bed though.

Thanks for the heads up. Its the one I missed out on before. There must have been a problem with the last auction. I will put a bid in & see what happens! 

Edited by #1 model citizen