Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25th scale vintage gas pumps

Nitrobarry

Is there anybody out there making resin 1/25th scale vintage (50`s/60`s) gas pumps and decently priced garage kits. Scale Modeling by Chris is done ( he passed away) and I can`t find anything else. I have Texaco decals and I can get scale shop equipment but no pumps.

18 hours ago, bill lanfear said:

Doozy has some awesome 1/24 scale pumps but at a cost at around $30 for two.  I made my own from styrene and tin foil and "other" stuff and made them to light up.

IMG_2018.JPG

IMG_2022.JPG

Bill, where have you seen the Doozy pumps for $30 for 2? Every ones that I've seen are 30 bucks each. I might consider buying a pair for that price, but can't talk myself into paying that for one.

2 hours ago, RichCostello said:

Bill, where have you seen the Doozy pumps for $30 for 2? Every ones that I've seen are 30 bucks each. I might consider buying a pair for that price, but can't talk myself into paying that for one.

Maybe it was just one, it has been a while since I looked.  All I remember was that I couldn't quite justify that much plus shipping.  My diorama requires 7 of them and there was just no way.  That is when I decided to build my own.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:40 PM, Nitrobarry said:

Is there anybody out there making resin 1/25th scale vintage (50`s/60`s) gas pumps and decently priced garage kits. Scale Modeling by Chris is done ( he passed away) and I can`t find anything else. I have Texaco decals and I can get scale shop equipment but no pumps.

MRC made 2 complete 1/24 scale gas stations some years ago. One was a Texaco station, the other a generic "Joe's" station. They came with 2 vintage gas pumps, oil cans and lots of other accessories. The Texaco version will probably never be re-issued due to licensing issues, but I'm just guessing about that. No problem if you have your own Texaco decals.

The "Joe's" version has been re-issued by Academy. Several are up on eBay right now. It's Academy kit number 15122. Prices seem to be in the range of $50-75 from sane sellers. Which is not too bad, considering all you get in the box.

Marx made several different service stations, and I think some were 1/25 scale or close.  The real prize in toy service stations is the 1/25 scale Texaco station released at Christmas of 1960 and made by Buddy-L. Many years ago, The Other Magazine ran an article with an incredible diorama built around that station. It featured several Jo-Han cars converted into station wagons. I remember a '56 Pontiac and '58 Olds.

EDIT:  Model Roundup has the Joe's station in stock now, for $79.90.  Their listing has more pix of it:

https://www.modelroundup.com/product-p/mrc-academy-5122.htm

joes.jpg

Edited by Mike999
goof3

I actually bought this awhile back and since it`s in 1/24th scale, the pumps seem (at least to me) way to large. Now granted, I may have forgotten how tall these things actually were, but they are just to big to my old eyes. Soooo, I have a buddy who has a early 60`s pump that I will measure  and scale down to 1/25th to see if my assumptions are correct. I`ll post my results for the rest of you all. Thanks for all the comments.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 10:19 PM, Nitrobarry said:

I actually bought this awhile back and since it`s in 1/24th scale, the pumps seem (at least to me) way to large. Now granted, I may have forgotten how tall these things actually were, but they are just to big to my old eyes. Soooo, I have a buddy who has a early 60`s pump that I will measure  and scale down to 1/25th to see if my assumptions are correct. I`ll post my results for the rest of you all. Thanks for all the comments.

Barry, I have mentioned this before . Here it is again ! To begin , the pumps SUPPOSEDLY are copies of Wayne 555's . They are a scale foot too tall. The detail is lacking in the dial face and the FISH BOWL lenses , for get them !!!!!This station here is completely scratch built using Foamcore . Generally , I usually build my own as I restore the real thing and I have access to the actual dispensers

41290313_1836601406375739_2962931322844086272_n.jpg

41350792_1836602376375642_2463723803696431104_n.jpg

10625164_761317587237465_2109858565444563260_n.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 6/4/2019 at 12:40 PM, Nitrobarry said:

So I have a really nice set of Pumps and Eco Air Pump that we can talk about that you could use in 3d Printing

Email me at graphixinsights@gmail.com

Randy Bourque

403-630-1813 in Calgary, 

• 7 months later...