Model Cars Magazine Forum

Subaru WRX Police Pursuit

zakdoggi

Tamiya 1999 Subaru WRX WRC car repurposed as a Victorian (Australian state) Police high speed pursuit vehicle.

Built as a slammer with blacked out glass and no engine. 

The kit's rally tyres were swapped out for treaded road tyres.

The light bar was homemade with clear acetate droop molded over a wooden buck heated in the kitchen oven with a brass base and chrome spruce pieces inside to represent the lights. Tamiya clear red and blue finish it off.

Homemade Police decals and side strips. Added stretched spruce and acupuncture needle antennas plus a scrap sprue speed detection unit.

Rattle can white finish and homemade custom number plates that give a nod to the rally car's major sponsor "555".

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks folks, appreciate your kind words :))

Around the late nineties, early noughties, the Victorian Police actually put a number of Subaru WRXs into service to deal with a growing spate of stolen WRXs being used in getaways ----- If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!!

Cheers.......Geoff

8ae01cf54b82f4bd58d832950258a329.jpg

a56922727a2fbc14b1f9b72cabb0dabb.jpg

IMO,American police cars look the best.You did Great job, but I like the big police cars.The Dodges and the Crown Vics.which I own an all blacked out 2009 Crown Vic.V8 power.Actually to me,it’s a four door Mustang.But I guess Europe and other parts of the world have small Winding roads that are really only good for small police cars.