Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Mustang Racer

jhuntsman

Heres a project that I started about 10 yrs ago and I finally got motivated to finish it. It started as a stock AMT Mustang kit. I added fender flares from a Tamiya Supra race car, the front air dam part was all scratch built, molded in the rear roll pan and filled the whole back smooth as well as the coves in the sides of the car. The hood was stock that I molded in the tear drop scoop. The chassis is a modified nascar piece. Wheels and tires from an F1 car. Just need to get some small bolts for the wheels and it will be wrapped up. Hope you enjoy.

48013228401_2dc63fc673_b.jpg 48013314202_8c647ec31f_b.jpg 48013314187_e20562999a_b.jpg 48013228891_6c1335fa37_b.jpg

Can I say freaking awesome and I bet you're glad it's almost done.  Projects like this can get stalled when so much has to be engineered along the way.  Make up some fake instructions and enter an IPMS box stock contest class and watch the looks on the judges faces.:D

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys! I actually just noticed something i left off of the car. I had made some little side skirt pieces to put on last that would tie the front and back fender flares together and totally forgot about them. Ill have to make a couple more and stick them on. 

Edited by jhuntsman