Model Cars Magazine Forum

Morgan Automotive Detail

I use these distributors in virtually every build I do!

I did a trade with him some time back.

A '61 Mercury promo for a couple dozen pre-wired distributors.

Needless to say, I haven't had to re-order for quite some time. :)

I echo the others!

I had nothing short of a great experience with them.

Steve

IMHO 3 weeks is too long to not have a reply from Kris. I have ordered from him several times and have always been completely satisfied with the parts and the shipping time. I suggest you get in touch with him just to make sure your order didn't fall through the cracks somehow. 

Recently used a pre-wired magneto for the Flintstone Flyer II, the top and wires were nice, but the body of the unit was terrible. It was just turned styrene, lots of scoring. Faster for me  to make an aluminum one on the lathe, in turn, no painting.

On 6/6/2019 at 4:45 PM, Michael in Illinois said:

Anyone ordered directly from MAD? I ordered a couple parts from them and just wanted to know what the turn around time is with them. I e-mailed them and so far no info from them. Its been just about 3 weeks since I placed the order. 

Michael,

Never got your emails through our site but, did get one through FB Messenger. Just sent you an email using you PayPal addy. Hope it reached you. At any rate. Running a bit behind at the moment. Took all of last week off to get things in order for a grad party. Back in the shop today. Hope to have  yours out with in a week. This is not our normal turn around time. You usually try to shoot for 7-10 days.

• 1 year later...

I ordered one of Kris' Pinto wagon kits (he offers two) on Sept. 14th, '20. Received it late Nov. (can't find the exact date). Kris informed me of a delay in having the parts chrome plated.

I thought I'd post these photos to illustrate the excellent quality of his castings. I already have MAD's two '57 Fords and the Mustang II. Well worth all kinds of waiting for.

John

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 3 months later...

I placed an order to MAD on 3/19/2021 and have not received anything! I've sent 3 emails through their website and so far have not heard back from anyone! Does anyone have a phone number or a way to contact them. I’m new to this forum so I’m not sure if I’m in the right area! Thanks for any help.

11 hours ago, GRF said:

I placed an order to MAD on 3/19/2021 and have not received anything! I've sent 3 emails through their website and so far have not heard back from anyone! Does anyone have a phone number or a way to contact them. I’m new to this forum so I’m not sure if I’m in the right area! Thanks for any help.

MAD is one of the best casters in the business right now. Kris is also a member here, so you can try sending him a direct message through this board. Scroll up a bit in this thread and you'll see he has posted in it. Click on his name and send him a message.

Jerry, As Craig mentioned you can contact me through here.  I am sorry I have not received your emails. But, in short we are extremely busy at the moment and are running a bit behind ( for us ). Orders are taking 3-5 weeks to ship. A bit slow for us. Still fairly reasonable for resin orders though. I will check the status of your order and shoot you a PM.