20 hours ago, Italianhorses said:

Looking real good!

Thank you!

13 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Off to a great start!!

Thanks, Dann!

10 hours ago, Dave Van said:

One more AMT/Entex 935??

I changed the wheels and altered the stance. Fred Cady decals.

A simple kit but a fun build. I have three more AMT versions to build. Thanks

2vWbFnHFxJcANd.jpg

Looks great! I have 1 more AMT kit to build, but I would like to get more. Thanks for sharing. 

Small update! Building will be slow from here on out. I just got approved by Illinois to sit for the CPA exam. So now I can really ramp up my studying. 

• 1 month later...

Just ordered some paint. My airbrush skills are not great with white Tamiya. So I ordered some spray and clear. Hoping to let the paint fly this weekend. I also got the Renaissance P/E set which is very nice. Can I just use super glue to glue the P/E to the body? Or is there something else works better?

ED08D286-0D8F-4748-B580-402FBB7A0344.thumb.jpeg.5dd775e643b5db5cf9eb5421542a250c.jpeg

Edited by Rusty92

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like this P/E was designed more for the J. David 935. I’ve decided that most of it can and will be used. The front grille won’t be though. I would really have to fill in a lot. The rear grille will be easier for me to hog out on the kit and use the P/E. 

On 8/9/2019 at 12:41 PM, Peter Lombardo said:

I also built this kit light years ago... obviously, it is a simplified kit, but it builds up nicely.  Go for it!

Thanks for stopping in!

16 hours ago, Codi said:

Wonderful subject.  Count me as well as a fan and follower.  That's a lotta photo etch...............that'll surely make it pop.  cheers, tim

Thanks, this is my first time with etch.

Getting some work done, got the etch centered and the sanding has commenced! Got the hole almost done. I really like this kit. I hope my coworkers enjoy it also. 

ED2739FA-1FA8-4E7D-9FA8-7CEE296CEE9C.thumb.jpeg.2796ad969d4927726a28973dbd4add2e.jpeg

Got some painting done. My skills are not great with an air brush in these tight spots. Any recommendations? I touched up some spots with a brush, and have more to do. 

89724095-F399-486D-AC00-E4A874E28974.thumb.jpeg.f22476a0525d5fbe8d6c4f863d55df0b.jpeg

Also what is a good way to create road grime and grit build up underneath? I think this will help hide some of the poor skills with the air brush. And the turbos? Compressor side aluminum and turbine side a rusty color? 

Edited by Rusty92

• 3 weeks later...

Finally used my paasche airbrush last night and it is awesome. Laid down some nice semi gloss black. This piece was primered white and it looks good. My skills have come a long way. Having nice equipment helps also! This was the only photo I took :( I have more painted. Going to be doing the wheels tonight. Body is still drying and needs some more putty work done. 

2536A902-AC9A-43D0-BC33-E2ACC47056CB.thumb.jpeg.2fd36637ad604fe8e396d77319873a55.jpeg

I was working on the interior tonight and I broke the P/E piece that is part of the shifter tower:(

Photo etch is super hard to use, not giving up though. It will help it look good. I will know it’s missing but hopefully no one else does (besides you all). I’ll try to get some photos in the morning. Thanks for looking. A majority of the pieces are painted now. Just dragging on the body. A few more touch ups. 

One good thing is that a lot of the inside is harder to see. I mainly bought the extras for the outside (wiper, fasteners, latches, etc.) those are the key things. I might just build the inside box stock and call it a day. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 2:09 AM, beeRS said:

Great work so far. I love the detail around the shift mechanism

Thank You, I am quite proud of it :)

On 10/14/2019 at 12:48 PM, Dann Tier said:

OUTSTANDING SB!!!!

Thank you, Dann. That means a TON coming from you.

I won’t be working on this much anymore; I’ve moved and left my models behind to focus on studying for my CPA exams. Rest assured, this and all the others will be on my bench again soon. 

• 2 years later...

Looking at this old thread. I’d like to finish this one up. It’s such an iconic car and deserves to look great when finished. My skills have came a long way since this was started. Might have to come off the shelf of stalled projects.