[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
fiatboy

directions for ZL1 chassis, Monograam '84 kit, MMI

Looks like a 1/25 kit, a Corvette.  Thanks

ZL1 Chassis?  ZL1 is Camaro, ZR1 is Corvette.  An 84 would be a C4 Corvette.  Monogram's were 1/24.  

The ZR1 was made from 1990-1995.  Monogram did produce it starting around 1989 when announced. 

So, specifically what are you seeking?  Chassis and suspension setup instruction only?  If yoes, any C4 Monogram kit would suffice.  Running chassis with engine, wheels and tires could be acquired from any C4 ZR1 kit.  I have the 1995 version buried in the stash.

Image result for monogram zr1 corvette

Related image

image.jpeg

I don't have the box.  I bought this chassis off of ebay.  I may be mistaken about it is a ZR1 or a ZL1.  It looks like a short wheel base chassis.  Engraved on it, it says 1984.  I'm pretty sure it is a Corvette.  It has 4 chrome A-arms.  And 2 4-link looking things, chrome.  But I don't see any differential.  It has 2 seperate 'propeller' looking things, tiny.  And some beautiful chrome exhaust pcs.  Sorry I can't post any pics; don't know how.  Thanks

Posted (edited)

Are you using a Smartphone or Computer?  How do you take your pictures?  On this site, you simply just copy and paste the picture in the message body. 

Sadly, your description is not very helpful.  Are you sure it is a Monogram kit part?  AMT also did a C4 Corvette in 1/25 scale.  As you know,  Vettes from 1963 on have IRS.  If you are saying it looks like a 4 link, then we're talking some customization of a earlier or racing type.

Edited by Exotics_Builder

Posted (edited)

Thinking about your description as I was getting ready for bed, the 4 link component might be a rear axle locator that looks like a trailing link (no springs).  It is in instruction frame 29 of the attached 1995 ZR1 instructions. The little propeller things are radiator fans.  Look in instruction step frame 11.    So, it does seem you have a C4 chassis.  I dug them out last night and photographed them.  These are the Monogram instructions.  Here is a link to an AMT instruction link for a C4.

SAM_3153.thumb.JPG.4e3329b52666d94d5cedc6f9c1d59fce.JPGSAM_3152.thumb.JPG.1b4336ea623342fa1bb0ea8f9a895d92.JPG

Edited by Exotics_Builder

Hello Gerry.  The instructions you have provided look very much like the parts I have, especially frames:  nos. 11, 27, 29, 32, &33.  Maybe I got cheated.  I'll take another look at the parts I have.  I'm pretty sure 1984 is engraved on the chassis plate.  Thanks

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, fiatboy said:

Hello Gerry.  The instructions you have provided look very much like the parts I have, especially frames:  nos. 11, 27, 29, 32, &33.  Maybe I got cheated.  I'll take another look at the parts I have.  I'm pretty sure 1984 is engraved on the chassis plate.  Thanks

What color is it molded in?

The '91 I had was molded in yellow.

I think most of them were molded in color in different years.

Also, there were 3 different wheel styles over the run of the kit. You can see them in Gerry's pics above.

Edited by Can-Con

The parts were not molded in color - maybe gray.  I did not get any wheels or engine parts.  I have a kit of the Guldstrand Corvette.  As I recall, it was built on a ZL1/ZR1 chassis.                     Well, anyway, I just checked my Gulstrand kit, and it has the same chassis as the one in question.  That is to say, it has this 'special' Corvette chassis, the one I have and the one depicted in the instructions above.  I probably saw this/my chassis for cheap on ebay and bought it!  It does have some beautiful parts: the 'A'-arms, the brake discs/calipers, and some nice structural parts, including 2 4-link components.