Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello, from an aspie!

Hello all, my name is Aspieguy!  I have a type of autism called Asperger's syndrome. We're called aspies for short. Anyways, I'm not new to modeling, just been away for a while. Due to stressors I was recently hospitalized. I am doing better now but not well enough to work.  So here I am! All 3 kits were less than $3 each! From the same thrift store at different times. 

I'm curious guys what can you tell me on the oldest kit there?  I put a Bic lighter next to it for size reference. Thanks! 

IMG_20190608_202624760.jpg

IMG_20190608_202652733.jpg

Greetings,

Being 'on the spectrum' with regards to Asperger's Syndrome can in a sense be put to good use in relation to scale modeling surely.  An unusually intense capacity to focus is often required to solve many a problem or issue, while many on this board can light the way towards the acquisition of knowledge and development of skills base consistent with achieving very fair results.  

Should you attend a scale model show or partake of a club event, you'd quickly pick up on the reality of many other builders and collectors evidencing what others might see as quirks or mild peculiarities of behavior.  What matters is that we are effective in our respective realms, that we husband our resources and give all we may in relation to that which we do well.

Some aspects of our persons may not be fundamentally readjusted or refined to the degree we'd like, but this said,  there  is much to be said for making the very best of circumstance and to seek fellowship with others on different but largely parallel paths.  Welcome to the board...

Mike K./Swede70

On 6/9/2019 at 8:47 AM, gman said:

That appears to be a 1955 release from Revell of the Buick Century 4 door- 1:32 scale.

$3 apiece is a good deal, provided all are complete.

Cool thanks! It's a glue bomb. Roof is broken off, but there. And the glass is gone. I have a plan for it already. Other than that, yes there complete.

How would I go about finding a show or event? 

I like to build import stuff mostly, of the vintage persuasion from both sides of the ocean, Mopar stuff, 4x4 vehicles. Etc. 

You could search your local IPMS chapter, and network from there for other builder's groups.

https://www.ipmsoc.org

IPMS is typically focused on aircraft/armour, but you may find people who build what you like amongst the group. There may be local shows from other groups who primarily build automotive subjects who also belong to IPMS.

On 6/10/2019 at 2:09 PM, Aspieguy said:

Cool thanks! It's a glue bomb. Roof is broken off, but there. And the glass is gone. I have a plan for it already. Other than that, yes there complete.

How would I go about finding a show or event? 

I like to build import stuff mostly, of the vintage persuasion from both sides of the ocean, Mopar stuff, 4x4 vehicles. Etc. 

this kit doesn't come with glass.

There is a Model Club in Bakersfield CA that meets the first Saturday of every month. We'd be very happy to have you stop by. PM me for Location and meeting times.

P.S. Anybody in the Central Valley or near Bakersfield is invited