Model Cars Magazine Forum

Regular cab for Monogram ‘91 F-350?

Is there an aftermarket cab out there to convert the Monogram F-350 from an extended cab to regular cab?

If not I’ll take a shot at cutting the kit cab down; anyone have any preferred techniques for neatly removing the extended cab area?  

thanks

Chris

8 hours ago, mk11 said:

The cab and doors are basically the same from '80 - '96. You should be able to use the reissued monogram '80 shortbox cab and graft on the newer fenders or cut down the cab you have.

Yes, the wheel well openings are different, be sure to make sure you address them!

I’ve seen a resin crew cab for it but never a standard cab. I built this one when the kit originally came out in 1990 I think it was. Had to shorten the cab, the interior, the bed, the chassis, the exhaust and the fuel tank. Sorry for the really bad pics, they were taken with a potato. :)

If we ever get a sunny day here, I’ll take better pictures of it.

A02C9EA5-4D4B-4984-8B53-F07851C4D918.jpeg

2649388A-A489-4CC3-A03C-19B661446625.jpeg

EF56D7F7-3FF0-4514-AC07-504F71777BA4.jpeg

3263C941-FA09-4D8D-AC62-9347A057C425.jpeg

Edited by Ben

Forgot to add the other cut is at the rear of the side window molding, just cut to match the door line. And chris, if u need ambulance pics (inside and out) of one of these, i've got a friend that's got a 95 model in his fleet, same cab. i'll get some pics of it tommorrow