Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dyno Don Interior colors ?

In an images search I did the wagon looked to have black inner door panels. But it wasn't a sharp photo. Here is a link to the page I was at with a bunch of Don's cars at it.Ā  https://www.google.com/search?q=dyno+don's+mercury+wagon&client=firefox-b-1-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi0ipbbhuLiAhUQr1kKHe6-Af8Q_AUIESgC&biw=1252&bih=579#imgrc=7qRxpQuE6Fl93M:

Edited by Dave G.

I took a look at the Dyno Don book. Not much help. It confirms that the hardtop had a red interior. The wagon, in the B&W pics, seems to have a dark-ish interior, and in one seems to have a white headliner. The hardtop, with a red interior, also has a white headliner, as is clearly seen in the posted pic above.Ā I didn't get the impression that the wagon gut was black, probably something like blue, red, or maybe even a tan. If I were modeling that wagon, I'd be tempted to go with red, absent further evidence.Ā 

You might want to do some research and see what interior colors were available from the factory on the '64 wagons, and choose from that pallet.Ā :wacko:

45 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Ā 

You might want to do some research and see what interior colors were available from the factory on the '64 wagons, and choose from that pallet.Ā :wacko:

My money is on red

Anyone able to blow this up to be read for avail interior colors ?

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks again guy's. there was a difference with color on models, 202, 404 or the fancy one and if they were cloth and vinyl or all vinyl. Blue beige and black was available on anything, the 404 all vinyl you could get red and palomino also.This thing does not have to be a museum piece, probably just go with black unless I find something certain. Again Thank You, Bubba