Model Cars Magazine Forum

2006 Cadillac Escalade

Very nicely done Mike. Enjoyed watching this come together and the finished product looks great.

I kinda dig the chrome trim. Gives a "higher end" look. Just curious, was there a lip to add it to the back windows?

Edited by KWT

2 hours ago, KWT said:

Very nicely done Mike. Enjoyed watching this come together and the finished product looks great.

I kinda dig the chrome trim. Gives a "higher end" look. Just curious, was there a lip to add it to the back windows?

Thank you Jeremy and Keith!  Jeremy, there is a slight lip around the windows and an even shallower lip around the two side and rear dark tinted windows.  I choose not to try my luck around them.

9 hours ago, mrmike said:

Thank you Jeremy and Keith!  Jeremy, there is a slight lip around the windows and an even shallower lip around the two side and rear dark tinted windows.  I choose not to try my luck around them.

I understand that. Looks good either way!

Thank you Mattias!  Sometimes a subject will come along and the boxart will have the right color that just appeals to you.  The Escalade boxart appealed to me and I just had to paint it that color.