[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Recommended Posts

Very realistic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very clean looking build. Excellent detailing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks real good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks really good, like all the "junk in the trunk". I got several of this kit myself and I got to thinking now seeing yours. As it is an F250, should it not have had 8-lug wheels?

I'm not an expert on this generation F-series but I see that other 3/4ton trucks usually have 8-lug wheels and this kit comes with 5-lug wheel, could it be that Monogram has misslabled/missrepresented it as an F250. It does have the F250 badges and as I say, I'm no expert so maybe the chassiscomponents are F250 bits but take a look at this picture:
1990_ford_f-150_2_dr_xlt_lariat_extended
A 1990 F150 extracab (short bed) with wheels that make it look very similar to the Monogram kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is an F250 kit since the 460 wasn’t available on the F150, but they dropped the ball and gave it the half ton wheels for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very well executed!  Your painting skills are excellent!  Nice details and overall a very clean build!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-06-16 at 12:29 PM, Atmobil said:

That looks really good, like all the "junk in the trunk". I got several of this kit myself and I got to thinking now seeing yours. As it is an F250, should it not have had 8-lug wheels?

I'm not an expert on this generation F-series but I see that other 3/4ton trucks usually have 8-lug wheels and this kit comes with 5-lug wheel, could it be that Monogram has misslabled/missrepresented it as an F250. It does have the F250 badges and as I say, I'm no expert so maybe the chassiscomponents are F250 bits but take a look at this picture:

A 1990 F150 extracab (short bed) with wheels that make it look very similar to the Monogram kit.

A similar mistake to the AMT Chevy Van then, 5 lug wheels even though the badges says that it is a Chevyvan 30, that should have 8 lugs....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.6.2019 at 9:59 PM, Jordan White said:

It is an F250 kit since the 460 wasn’t available on the F150, but they dropped the ball and gave it the half ton wheels for some reason.

Ahh, I learned something new to day aswell then. Thank you:)
But if one dropped in a smallblock (maybe from the Monogram Bronco?) could it then be passed of as a F150?

2 hours ago, Cpt Tuttle said:

A similar mistake to the AMT Chevy Van then, 5 lug wheels even though the badges says that it is a Chevyvan 30, that should have 8 lugs....

Yes, we need more 8-lug wheels in 1:24/25 scale. I personally do know have several sets of 1:1 8-lug wheels. Bot 17" and 16" and with different offsets.

AMT gave us the wrong number of lugnuts in the Chevy can and Monogram has given us the wrong number of lugnuts on the F250 but AMT really laid down the line with the 73-79 dentside F350 that has no lugnuts at all:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice build, well done.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Atmobil said:

Ahh, I learned something new to day aswell then. Thank you:)
But if one dropped in a smallblock (maybe from the Monogram Bronco?) could it then be passed of as a F150?

Yup! Though you would need to update it from a carb to fuel injection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this