[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Jim B

Missing Distributor

I am building the Revell 1969 Dodge Charger, and I have built both engines in the kit (stock & Hemi), because why not.  However, I have a problem: one of the distributors launch out of the clamp I was using to hold it for painting, bounced off my forehead, and sailed across the room.  Would anyone have a spare distributor from the Revell 1968 or 1969 Dodge Charger?  If not, at least the story is worth a few laughs! :D

Would have been funnier if it hit you in the eye, scratched your cornea (BTDT), and made you spill your beer on the decal sheet.

But I am sadistic that way. :D

If nobody here comes up with one, consider a MAD Modeling prewired distributor as a replacement. 

It is funny how something SO small can fly SO far. You'd think these small parts are jet powered. Sorry I don't have one.

I had the same thing happen and it's amazing how hard they are to find.  Or they drop on the floor right below you and end up across the room. LOL

I have a batch of kit distributors because I make my own units.  Problem is I have no idea what a '69 distributor looks like as compared to others.

It looks like this:

20190612_174309.jpg

I'll be happy to check my stash next week for you.

Posted (edited)

If you were building a Ford I could probably help out.  I would imagine just about any MOPAR distributor would be a good substitute for the lost one.

IMG_4805.JPG

Edited by vamach1

Thanks.  No rush.

Just now, vamach1 said:

If you were build a Ford I could probably help out.  I would imagine just about any MOPAR distributor would be a good substitute for the lost one.

IMG_4805.JPG

Actually, the beige one in the upper left with the "radar dish" looks really similar.  What is that dish thing, anyway?

Jimmy, got ya covered, I’ll dig one out for ya. The radar dish is the vacuum advance canister.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, tbill said:

Jimmy, got ya covered, I’ll dig one out for ya. The radar dish is the vacuum advance canister.

You are correct on the vacuum advance.  Maybe that's not just a Ford thing.

Edited by vamach1

Most factory distributors used them back in the day.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tbill said:

Thanks, Tom.  Just give me the word, & I'll stop by.  Actually, I should probably get a couple if you have them in case it decides to go airborne again.  I can always return it.

How the heck does a vacuum advance canister work on an electro/mechanical device? :blink:

Edited by Jim B