Model Cars Magazine Forum

74 Buick Electra coupe

Grzegorz

Very cool  model!   

Back in the day, my father had a 1973 Electra 225 4 door hardtop.  A very regal car in yellow with a saddle interior and vinyl top!

He got into an accident, a young guy ran a stop sign and the Buick needed a new nose.  It went off to the body shop and when my dad picked it up there was something strange about it... the shop had installed a 1974 Buick nose on it!   We went back to the shop and  they agreed to a big refund, which we accepted instead of changing the nose.  It didn't look bad!  

Very nice. My first boss had an Electra just like this. Let me drive it to run errands. It was the perfect definition of a land  yacht. It floated around everywhere but still had plenty of power for it's era.

1 hour ago, dougp said:

Very nice. My first boss had an Electra just like this. Let me drive it to run errands. It was the perfect definition of a land  yacht. It floated around everywhere but still had plenty of power for it's era.

Thanks to nice comments, here is my second 74 electra

517a867f591a9072med.jpg

721ee94afa60269cmed.jpg

580ebfd83c4922cemed.jpg

On 20.06.2019 at 6:21 AM, moparfarmer said:

Fantastic, you said you used Tamiya Enamel, never knew they made enamel..Always thought their paints were lacquer based some what..Shows you what I know..

...its sold on a little funny glass bottle 10ml, its it's a bit too small...but effect is ok.Thanks

Love me some Buicks. I tried a couple of resin body kits but didn't have good results. Yours are impressive.

A cover band I played in back in the mid 70s had a 4 door version of this car that the 4 of us took to gigs rather than our personal cars. Very comfortable, quiet ride. The sound guy and roadies went ahead of us in the truck. I know they were a little jealous of our big cruiser!