Model Cars Magazine Forum
misterNNL

'25 Ford sedan

I am looking for  resin '25 Ford model T sedan for a project. Anyone know if a stock version is available? 

tom..use the 1926 t sedan body an add the front cal from the 1925 coupe...use the 1925 fenders an hood...easiest way I have found...oldr-n-drt

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, oldr-n-drt said:

tom..use the 1926 t sedan body an add the front cal from the 1925 coupe...use the 1925 fenders an hood...easiest way I have found...oldr-n-drt

I may have to do just that. My project is a very complicated one that requires a stock body only. I am building a huge flat bed delivery truck hauling five brand new dis-assembled Ford model T's to a dealership.I already have one each of roadster,roadster pick up,coupe and touring car for the load. I'm trying to decide wether to simply add a second roadster to the load or invest the time in constructing a stock sedan body.

Edited by misterNNL
Misspelled work

Posted (edited)

A Factory Stock Load .  I would like to see this when it is done . Not much of a challenge to change the Cowl to Correct it to a 1925 Body . IIRC , the '25 My Started the Cowl Vent , closed Cars found on the '26/'27 Bodies . Nor hard to replicate w/ a small thin piece of styrene .  . Shipped  : CKD , Partially assembled , or Exposed Components Secured to the Trailer ? Thanx 

Edited by dimaxion

1 hour ago, dimaxion said:

A Factory Stock Load .  I would like to see this when it is done . Not much of a challenge to change the Cowl to Correct it to a 1925 Body . IIRC , the '25 My Started the Cowl Vent , closed Cars found on the '26/'27 Bodies . Nor hard to replicate w/ a small thin piece of styrene .  . Shipped  : CKD , Partially assembled , or Exposed Components Secured to the Trailer ? Thanx 

I have some photos of the original inspiration photo that I found online plus several of the large bolted togeather angle iron crates with wooden floors that hold the bodies and parts. This type of delivery was known as,"knock down freight". This was evidently less expensive than having fully assembled cars delivered by rail. The dealers would finish assembling the cars thus saving some money. I do not know how to post to the forums but will send pix by email to you if you PM me your address.

I had the abbrekiaion wrong . I remembered Crate Knocked Down . You are right it is KDK , Knocked Down Freight . I will do that .. Thanx ..