Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 International Scout II

Years ago, I saw a very beaten SSII which had  it's rusted rear quarter panels patched in with replacements from an S10. For years the image stuck in my mind and I decided to try it on a model. I didn't have an S10 kit in the stash but I had a junk Ranger snap kit bed laying around so I used that for the quarter panels instead. The real Scout I remember had the soft top, but I decided to add a "junkyard" hard top and doors. I left the trim on the doors to suggest they're off another Scout, and added some body and rust damage. The hole under the driver's headlight was a last-second addition, after I saw a Scout online with a similar hole. The winch came from a Deserer GMC and it sits in a homemade bumper. 

IMG_8453.thumb.JPG.68d4161deab264a5ed3c33f257fbab47.JPGIMG_8454.thumb.JPG.a7b6345058b2d4540b4a2db871fee120.JPGIMG_8455.thumb.JPG.e6e157a09ea546c0e05b23ab66840b94.JPGIMG_8456.thumb.JPG.49c61085cf9cf670913bd1d7aa200117.JPG

Once upon a time where I lived for 40 Years . Existed Mat Gabriel an Auto  Repair Shop . In the Days of Giveaway Machbooks this Shop's Books were Bright Yellow . On the Cover was an '58 Edsel . "Keep 'm Rollin" was the Shop Motto . Sir , this is a wowser and reminder of a Great Orphan Car . Like the Edsel .. gone but not forgotten :)   Thanx 

My oldest and dearest friend is a devout/fanatical IH disciple. I feel that if he ever saw a Cornbinder with anything but IH parts he’d scream “Blasphemy!”, while deep inside he’d appreciate the whatever-it-takes-to-keep-her-moving mentality. Every time I see an IH, either to scale or IRL, it brings back fond memories of scouring the Eastern U.S. for parts vehicles or trips to London, Ohio for the Scout Nationals. So, thank you for this build.