Model Cars Magazine Forum
landman

Ferrari Daytona Spyder

The next one will be this. I thought It would look good in blue. Took out a few more colors but the blue keeps coming back. I will do the paint first as it will allow me do do the rest between the repaints.

IMG_9141.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

IMG_9140.JPG

Any of the "pearly" colors.  Solid should only be red.  LOL.   I did the Fujimi Enthusiast recently.  Was a fun build mostly.  Can't wait to see this one.

I favor the lighter blues.  Don't do brown, or dark red!  My two cents.  It's funny to see that pearl light green, I just did close to that using nail 'polish'.

DSC_0425_Fotor.jpg

Love the garage, I have always admired it. Looking forward to seeing how this colour works, good luck with the build. 

Thank you Randy. Interior is now finished. I may repaint the steering wheel, it is too yellow. Also the body is slightly warped. Perhaps careful clamping when I glue it on will cure it.

IMG_9160.JPG

IMG_9161.JPG

Good luck with the warp.   Maybe a bath in hot water too and you can twist it back a little before attaching?

Nice Daytona and garage, love the interior and blue choice for the body, cool man, ciao!

Good....bad, i dont care, i love Italeri kits!!, and you are doing an awesome job with this one!!!!

1 minute ago, Dann Tier said:

Good....bad, i dont care, i love Italeri kits!!, and you are doing an awesome job with this one!!!!

Coming from you, sir, that is high praise.

4 minutes ago, landman said:

Coming from you, sir, that is high praise.

...Looking forward to more!!!

Yesterday, I set out foiling and broke the windshield header. this morning I went to remove the clamp and broke it again.

IMG_9167.JPG

That sucks!,nice repair though,can I make a suggestion?,maybe paint the trim black instead of using BMF?.

1 hour ago, kelson said:

That sucks!,nice repair though,can I make a suggestion?,maybe paint the trim black instead of using BMF?.

Sticks out pretty bad doesn't it. In real life it if half again as thin, maybe more.

On 6/28/2019 at 9:34 PM, landman said:

Yesterday, I set out foiling and broke the windshield header. this morning I went to remove the clamp and broke it again.

I know I'm late to the party with my reply, but when I built mine, I went ahead and installed the windsheild before foiling it to avoid this sort of thing - I know how I can break things and it seemed safest way to do it.    

That's a stumbling block, but it looks like you have it sorted out now. 

Final assembly, smudges and all. Ready for exterior photos.

DSC_0001.JPG

IMG_9174.JPG

Edited by landman

Extra posting somhow, please remove.

Edited by landman
Added pix