Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Recipy for Financial Ruin

I went to the ATHS Annual show in Macungie yesterday.  The recipy is this, walk around for 5 or more hours looking at all the diesel candy and get several lifetimes of ideas for models.  Then stop by the AITM booth and see Dave.  Run credit card to limit buying model parts to build all those projects you'll never live long enough to get to.  Oh, there is another way...that Mack COE for $40K!

169366511.jpg

169366470.jpg

169366472.jpg

169366474.jpg

169366481.jpg

169366516.jpg

169366517.jpg

169366529.jpg

3 hours ago, alexis said:

Any more pics of the Blue / Orange Gulf Tanker? Just what is IT anyway?

I should get more pics this coming weekend.  It's a 1922 Autocar and the owner said he'll be taking it to the Brooklyn, CT show this coming Sunday.    I usually get there early and get them driving in.  As he lives local to the show, he indicated he was going to drive it to the show, even at 25 mph might be faster than loading and unloading.

I'm missing the big ATCA show that was at the Bolton Fairground in lovely Lancaster, Massachusetts (central part of the state) until a couple of years ago.  I've been unable to find any info regarding the status of the show, no discussions anywhere.  For a decade or so it used to be held at the field behind the Elks club in Hudson, MA.  For several years there it was sponsored by ATHS, then ATCA.  Why the show swapped sponsors I've never heard either.

14 minutes ago, Brian Austin said:

I'm missing the big ATCA show that was at the Bolton Fairground in lovely Lancaster, Massachusetts (central part of the state) until a couple of years ago.  I've been unable to find any info regarding the status of the show, no discussions anywhere.  For a decade or so it used to be held at the field behind the Elks club in Hudson, MA.  For several years there it was sponsored by ATHS, then ATCA.  Why the show swapped sponsors I've never heard either.

Brian, I see that the ATHS had a 15th annual show in Deerfield,Mass. in May. Could this be the same show with a new location?

8 hours ago, Lordmodelbuilder said:

Brian, I see that the ATHS had a 15th annual show in Deerfield,Mass. in May. Could this be the same show with a new location?

No, that's a different show.  The Bolton Show was dropped due to a lack of volunteers to make it run.  That's what I was told last year.  If you don't have the local club members willing to put in the effort to organize, park trucks etc then it doesn't work.  It's a shame as it was one of the better shows in New England. 

Thanks for the reply.  I was just surprised not to find any chatter regarding that show whatsoever on the truck club forums I'd found.  It was such a shock to see it go since the show really seemed to become bigger and better in its new location.  I can appreciate the problem with not having enough members to crew an event, though.

My first truck shows were in the late '80s, held in Marlborough, MA and sponsored by the ATHS.

I knew of the Deerfield truck show, but missed that event, and sadly got lost in Providence, RI while attempting to take an offramp to a neighboring town where there was a truck show a couple of weeks ago.  As a consolation I did take a few pictures of some rusty old Divco milk trucks parked in front of a dairy in that area that I've learned has been put up for sale.

6 hours ago, Brian Austin said:

Thanks for the reply.  I was just surprised not to find any chatter regarding that show whatsoever on the truck club forums I'd found.  It was such a shock to see it go since the show really seemed to become bigger and better in its new location.  I can appreciate the problem with not having enough members to crew an event, though.

My first truck shows were in the late '80s, held in Marlborough, MA and sponsored by the ATHS.

I knew of the Deerfield truck show, but missed that event, and sadly got lost in Providence, RI while attempting to take an offramp to a neighboring town where there was a truck show a couple of weeks ago.  As a consolation I did take a few pictures of some rusty old Divco milk trucks parked in front of a dairy in that area that I've learned has been put up for sale.

This coming Sunday (6/23/19) there is a show in Brooklyn, CT.  It's usually well attended and the weather forecast looks good so far.