Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for 1990 Civic Hatchback kit

I don't want to sound like a D-Noz, but $35 for one of those kits isn't bad at all. Quality is quite good on any of those kits, and unless you go to shows/swap meets, you won't find better for less. I have the Tamiya and Fujimi CRX kits and both were more than $35 and well worth the price I paid.

You're rolling an EF, a car that has been supplanted by the EG/EK..... chassis. The only people who still mess with them are either broker than a pay-phone, or Die-hard enthusiasts for a chassis that is easily upgraded (and still sees some support from aftermarket companies). I did a B20b Turbo swap into a friends '91 CRX and installed most of the DA Integra suspension and brakes. Adding strut bars front and rear, camber bars, and other bits made the car fun, until he drove it under a truck (all the way up to the windshield base).

Do yourself the favor and get one of the kits. $35-$60 may sound like a bit, but if you go detailed as heck, you'll have that and more into supporting parts. 

Tmaiya has never produced a 1990 Civic hatch kit. I owned a 1990 Civic and as I have models of most of my real cars I want one. 

Hasagawa recently came out with a 1990 body style but it is a gutted race car and a bit costly so I'll wait and see if they make a stock version.

The Tamiya kit shown is the generation of Civic before the 1990 body. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, Dave; but the OP asked for an EF kit (preferably a 1990). Now, the EF chassis went from 1984-91, correct? A minor refresh happened in 1988.  Would he be able to use one of the later Hasagawa race car kits and fill it with the earlier Tamiya kit guts?