Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima instructions question

Yep... it's definitely a paint mix or colour ... there'll be a recipe either with the paint listing, or sometimes on the painting/decal placement guide for the whole car.

It's usually one of two things:

A mix of black, grey and possibly a clear matt or satin coat, which is what Aoshima uses in places where there is carbon fibre on the real thing or alcantara fabric (a different mix, obviously)

Where you have to paint something the same colour as the body, and there are several choices for the body colour... though now I think about it, maybe that one actually says Ph[BODY]

Looking at the picture you posted, this one is probably Alcantara, so look at @Dann Tier s recipe here:

best,

M.

I thought they would do things like H-A for the body color and H-B for the interior color. That's the way I would interpret it - if the interior is black, H-B would be black. If it's tan, H-B would be tan. If it's gray,  H-B would be gray. It's easier than listing all the possible colors, and gives the builder a bit more latitude in color combinations.

Edited by SSNJim

I appreciate  all of the help. Thanks guys. They have a completely different sybol for the main body color. I think this is for the lower body or trim. I think its some type of black. All of the colors are listed with number designations. 

6 minutes ago, Timonator said:

I appreciate  all of the help. Thanks guys. They have a completely different sybol for the main body color. I think this is for the lower body or trim. I think its some type of black. All of the colors are listed with number designations. 

B is the color that you need to mix, the colors are Field grey and flat base, it says as a 2 to 1 ratio .