Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 mustang

michelle

I remember those days of trying to finish as quickly as I could. Just could not wait to see the finished build.:lol:

Try slowing down a little, pace yourself a bit and you will see even bigger gains in your building skills!

Great job on the trim! I used to paint all of mine but the hand isn't as steady and the eye not so sharp these days so went to using Bare Metal Foil and a magnifier!

Keep on modeling!!!

20 minutes ago, OldTrucker said:

I remember those days of trying to finish as quickly as I could. Just could not wait to see the finished build.:lol:

Try slowing down a little, pace yourself a bit and you will see even bigger gains in your building skills!

Great job on the trim! I used to paint all of mine but the hand isn't as steady and the eye not so sharp these days so went to using Bare Metal Foil and a magnifier!

Keep on modeling!!!

thanks it does take me a few days to complete a model but i work on 3 or 4 at a time  i paint the bodies and body parts  one  day then let them gas out for a full day while that happens is when i glue and and paint the chassis and interiors as the paint and glue dries on one i work on another then repeat the same step  and then go back to the body and body parts  after they are fully dry and gased out  then do the detail painting  then let that dry and then start gluing the wheels on the wheel backs and glue the engine in and stearing wheel and dash  shifter  into the interior   then the final day i glue the glass in and put the intior in and then pop the chassis on and done  and then i spend the next moring laying on my driveway taking pics of the cars sitting on my driveway at just the right level and angle to make it look like a real car  i am taking pics of 

7 hours ago, Classicgas said:

A few days? I wish. I get very little time at the bench. Takes me months, maybe years to finish one.

i dont have much else to do from the time i get up at 8am est till i go to bed at 12am est other then build models ,watch tv shows and movies on dvd/blu-ray, draw ,read,eat 

35 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

You don't have a job or go to school of some sort?

no i don't  i have some disability's that prevent me from being able to get a job and my grade point average i just barely graduated  high school so i could not get into college 
plus the town i live in is small and pretty much dead the few buisneess around that do hire will only hire peaple with years of experiance in that position  or a college degree in the field it would be in 

3 hours ago, michelle said:

no i don't  i have some disability's that prevent me from being able to get a job and my grade point average i just barely graduated  high school so i could not get into college 
plus the town i live in is small and pretty much dead the few buisneess around that do hire will only hire peaple with years of experiance in that position  or a college degree in the field it would be in 

That's rough. I'll be praying for you.

• 1 month later...