Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford Tom Gloy Lo-Boy Roadster

Phildaupho

Perhaps my all-time favorite Deuce, extraordinary in its svelte proportions and low stance. The perfect blend of Gloy's sports car sensibilities and the Brizio shop's formula for hot rod elegance. This was an ambitious project on your part and it's come out very nicely indeed!

Edited by Bernard Kron

19 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Looks great Phil !

Thanks Steve

18 hours ago, Bernard Kron said:

Perhaps my all-time favorite Deuce, extraordinary in its svelte proportions and low stance. The perfect blend of Gloy's sports car sensibilities and the Rizzo shop's formula for hot rod elegance. This was an ambitious project on your part and it's come out very nicely indeed!

Thanks Bernard - I always enjoy reading your comments

18 hours ago, misterNNL said:

One demerit for that hose thing:) Great model!

Ha Ha Thanks Tom. 

17 hours ago, cobraman said:

Well done !

Thanks Ray

16 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Nice build

Thanks David

15 hours ago, zakdoggi said:

Neat build and great color choice.

Thanks Geoff - The paint is Humbrol Mediterranean Blue. The real car was painted an unidentified mid-fifties blue that is somewhere between grey and this color. It looks different in every photo I looked at.

7 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Very nice!

Thanks Chris

1 hour ago, NOBLNG said:

Nice clean lookin' car!

Thanks Greg

1 hour ago, Jantrix said:

There's a lot of cool on this one. I like it.

Thanks Rob

1 hour ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking build. I really like the the way the body is channeled over the frame. 

Thanks David 

I am pretty sure Tom Gloy is coming to Deuce Days next month and hope he will bring his Lo-Boy again so I can have a closer look this time.

Here's the Brizio build page including final photos which should give you all the detail you could ever want. https://www.roybriziostreetrods.com/progress/gloy_2/index.htm

This is perhaps the most successful blending of contemporary automotive sophistication and authentic traditional hot rod aesthetic ever achieved in a single Deuce. From the torsion bar front suspension used to ensure  practical ground clearance in such an ultra-low car, to the seats inset into the floor pan to create a practical and comfortable position for both driver and passenger (and, extraordinarily, permitting an up-top!!!!), I can't recall anything to equal it.

img_111_std.jpg

3 hours ago, Bernard Kron said:

Here's the Brizio build page including final photos which should give you all the detail you could ever want. https://www.roybriziostreetrods.com/progress/gloy_2/index.htm

This is perhaps the most successful blending of contemporary automotive sophistication and authentic traditional hot rod aesthetic ever achieved in a single Deuce. From the torsion bar front suspension used to ensure  practical ground clearance in such an ultra-low car, to the seats inset into the floor pan to create a practical and comfortable position for both driver and passenger (and, extraordinarily, permitting an up-top!!!!), I can't recall anything to equal it.

img_111_std.jpg

Thank you for the info. These pictures show just how much is done on a build of this nature. Sometimes it's hard to truly appreciate the workmanship that goes into a car like this.