Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Hemi Cuda.

Dragonhawk1066

Finished up the Revell '71 Hemi Cuda last night. Paint is Model Master Daytona Yellow and cleared with Duplicolor Clear. It was originally painted in Tamiya TS-34 Camel Yellow, but I ran out trying to get cover the gray primer and it was looking a little dark for my tastes so I finished it off with the Daytona Yellow and am pretty happy with the color tone.

The interior is done in Rustoleum Satin Black and I added some gauge decals from "bestmodelcarparts" on ebay. The steering wheel is done in Apple Barrel Nutmeg Brown craft paint. I did plug wires on the engine and used a black wash on it to try to give it a "used" look, but I did not dirty up the engine compartment. I also tried to weather the chassis, but the look was not very convincing so there will be no pics of that, LOL.

I spent way too much time on this one and don't feel my efforts created the best results. This was my first time using Duplicolor Clear and it did not go on well at all, and I'm not impressed with the shine either. It is a pretty tough clear though, as I feel like I sanded the snot out of it to try to get it as smooth as I could. Not my best effort as I got a little sloppy with some of the details and the pics show the car better than in person. Oh well, on to my next build--the Starsky and Hutch Torino.

For some reason it's not loading the pics in the same order that I uploaded them :huh:.

DSCN3230.JPG

DSCN3232.JPG

DSCN3242.JPG

DSCN3231.JPG

DSCN3233.JPG

DSCN3236.JPG

DSCN3237.JPG

DSCN3239.JPG

DSCN3240.JPG

DSCN3050.JPG

Edited by Dragonhawk1066

16 hours ago, cobraman said:

Looks darn good !

Thank you!

16 hours ago, michelle said:

very nice work looks great 

Thanks!

15 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Sweet 'Cuda.

Thank you!

15 hours ago, Rider said:

That is one sweet looking build. Nice detailing on the wheels. 

Thanks! They were a little tricky .

10 hours ago, charger74 said:

It looks great

Thanks!

15 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

Looks great! B)Never seen one done in yellow that I can remember!

Did you have issues with the hood sitting down? My son did on the one he built.

Thanks! I really liked Nash Bridges' Cuda Convertible. Not at first with the hood. I test fitted it a couple of times pre-assembly and it set perfectly, but after the windshield and interior were put in and it was mounted onto the chassis it did not sit right. At first the shaker was in the way because of the plug wires and I ground it down, but then I put it on without the shaker and it still did not sit right, so I got it as good as I could.

On 6/22/2019 at 9:50 AM, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

On 6/23/2019 at 6:16 AM, PappyD340 said:

Very nice Cuda!

21 hours ago, Geno said:

Super nice build Craig.

11 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Nice.

10 hours ago, landman said:

X2

9 hours ago, oldnslow said:

Oh , I like that

8 hours ago, Deuces said:

Chevy color on a mopar..... Love it!... ??

Thanks Guys! Guido, yeah the body shop was sent the wrong paint, but they painted it anyway hoping the owner wouldn't notice, LOL:lol: