Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mobile Raincoat

Reuhkapelti2

I spotted a picture of a funny little car located in DAF Museum in Holland (Netherlands). Next I scooped thru my scrap boxes and found the remainings of '39 Chevy (Monogramm) that had given many parts to my other models. 

I cut the roof in pieces, made the hood and the grill more narrow and so on. I found and made some parts to create the engine, dash, rear wheels etc. 

Painting the body was nearly the end of the project, so badly did the primer and spray top coat react to each other, but I scraped it all off and brush painted it with Revell 52 blue enamel. 

The original Mobile Raincoat vehicle was designed by Mr. Hub van Doorne for his private use, in case of rain, he could have driven straight inside his house with it. Did he use it is unsure. 

My model is my version of that kind of one person vehicle, not an exact copy of the original Mobile Raincoat. Just wanted to use those Chevy parts for something fun. 

The first pic shows how small this vehicle is, about 2,25 inches high and 3,5 inches long. 1,25 inches wide. 

Take a look and feel free to comment, thanks. 

IMG_20190623_210005.jpg

IMG_20190623_205909.jpg

IMG_20190623_205731.jpg

IMG_20190623_205804.jpg

IMG_20190623_205835.jpg

IMG_20190623_201716.jpg

IMG_20190623_201645.jpg

• 6 months later...

Thank you everyone! I try to use left over parts as often as possible. Now I'm working the same kit as to this Raincoat was used. I bought from a flea market some old model boxes, and there was two '39 Chevy coupe body shells and some parts in one of those boxes. Black Betty Dodge is being made from the other one.