Model Cars Magazine Forum

Joe's Power Plus Service Station modification

DaveP

3 hours ago, DaveP said:

5d11f503e2ab3_tilesshopfrontfloor.jpg.677aa631d2382d2e3dd8300c29d8896a.jpg

Tiles for the reception area

I really like how this one is going so far Dave. I've been eyeballing this kit for a while and may pull the trigger on it but in the mean time I'll be watching this one here come to life. Will be looking forward to more.....

White gloss paint on the restrooms' doors, reception area tiles and the scratch built door between the reception area and the workshop area. I think i'll paint the walls and the outside flat white and use colurful and various signage to break up all the white, decorating isn't my thing. (That'll be it for a few days, I'm having hip replacement surgery. I hope the surgeons use good quality glue!). Dave

20190626_205910.jpg

Looks great! I'm assuming with the more modern lift that you are going to build a surviving service station of more recent years. I worked at one of those for over 24 years. It too had 3 bays. We did the same thing in one of the bays as you have here. The center post lift developed a leak, so we dug it out and replaced it with an electric/ hydraulic side post similar to what you've got. The service station that I worked at has stopped selling gas and dug up it's tanks, but it still operates as a garage today. Looking forward to seeing more of this one! Praying your hip does well.

• 2 weeks later...

Expanding from one to three bays, it should be easy to do as it's all straight lines and cuts. Many thanks to 72 Charger for the donation of the additional base.

latest.jpg

Edited by DaveP

Looks really good. I like how you changed the lift.  Just a FYI the striping on the sides of door opening on the exterior, the stripes on the right side are backwards.  The stripes should always point down to the side you want to be the open (access) side. It is that way on road signs, emergency vehicles, etc.  I know it's being picky.  

• 2 weeks later...

If you model with young granddaughters you need to incorporate their ideas, so a shower for the dirty workers and a toilet for their needs. The condom machine on the back of the door was my idea though.

20190722_101628.jpg

20190722_101615.jpg