Model Cars Magazine Forum
DaveP

Joe's Power Plus Service Station modification

I have that garage kit and was always perplexed by the single garage.  When have you seen a service station with a single bay?  You have solved that and made it look like it was made that way!   Hurrah!

Very Nice! I just bought this kit yesterday and you have given me some great ideas. Thanks!

Add me to the list of people who has one but hasn't built it yet!  Way back I did buy additional sheet and I beam plastic for a planned extension so it is very interesting to see how effective your modifications are.  Did you print your own forecourt with those No Parking signs or was that a commercial item?

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alan barton

36 minutes ago, alan barton said:

Add me to the list of people who has one but hasn't built it yet!  Way back I did buy additional sheet and I beam plastic for a planned extension so it is very interesting to see how effective your modifications are.  Did you print your own forecourt with those No Parking signs or was that a commercial item?

Cheers

Alan

I used a cheap letter type stencil, cut out the letters and taped them down, then used a rattle-can yellow.

So here's the finished product, Detail turns it from a model to something more realistic. I've added a few tow trucks because I like tow trucks and had some decals made using my name as it is my garage. I could add a few bits like security cameras, newspaper stands etc but I have to call it done sometime. I hope you like it, I do! Dave

WIN_20190827_13_46_33_Pro.jpg

WIN_20190827_13_46_57_Pro.jpg

WIN_20190827_13_48_36_Pro.jpg

That is very cool! I am about to start starting a plan to build one of these myself.

Your work is very inspiring. The details here are just incredible. 

What does the face of the one section measure out at? Top to bottom and side to side? Curious...