Model Cars Magazine Forum

3 hours ago, warbirds said:

Is there anything in a easy to find spray can that might come close to Easy Chrome?

there is a  spray chrome  getting some nice results from some youtube videos i've watched ...its at walmart ,,rustoleum--bright coat -mettalic finish,,

• 4 months later...

My friend Mark tried this stuff. I ordered it from amazon. Not really expensive. Just apply like alclad . Base black with this over it. He says it’s a little stronger than alclad. We will see this weekend. I have a 32 ford I’m having trouble deciding a color. Might use this and see if it will work. It might work for you. 

AA7AF124-F754-4515-B4B6-DDF902DF540A.jpeg

• 3 months later...

This might be worth a try as it worked well when I tried it. First coat was white automotive primer (aerosol), When dry it was rubbed VERY gently with worn wet n dry,  just enough to take away the powdery feel that you get with primer paint. after dusting off I sprayed with an aerosol polished metal finish. I let this dry thoroughly and went over it with Johnsons Klear ( I think it has been renamed Future now). This dulled the shiny finish a bit but left a hard coat on the part when it had dried. Now for the finishing touch I used C1's polishing powder and it buffs upwell  to a high shine. The beauty of this stuff is that you can handle it afterwards.