Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beautiful work Ken , lot's of skill and craftsmanship is obvious here !  I've always wanted to build a ship like this , even bought a Constitution once but sold it . Out of curiosity how many hours are involved with a build like this ?

this ships hull was built between about 2000 and 2001 and have about a year in it so far. rigging will take about 3 mos if I decide to put it on. a lot of details are hidden with rigging in place, so I'm undecided. there is quite alot of scratch building that has been done that slowed the build down. I'll post more pictures of that in the future. so yes these are photos from a photo album I created along with the build. thanks for your interest and comments are welcomed.

16 hours ago, TooOld said:

I can't even imagine spending that much time building a ship !    Congratulations on a job very well done , it must be very satisfying to have accomplished such a task . :)

this is my second go around with a ship, the first took three years but is a larger scale and is fully rigged. thank you for the kind words  and for following. and yes they have been quite rewarding.

the beginning of changes has the bow reworked so the grating 145 is the same elevation as the planking instead of what is shown in the drawing. changes are tricky and tedious due to the kit being 1/100 scale. 1/75 and larger are much easier to build. at this scale you would need a ladder for this large of a step down, and I think it looks more correct raised. thank you everyone for following and input.

DSC00662 (2).JPG

DSC00575 (4).JPG

the decorative pieces for the bow are disappointing as they come out of the box, so I scratch built them. there are over 45 pieces in each one, but well worth the effort. ( the decorations were the reason I bought the kit ) hehehe. comments are welcomed as usual.

DSC00615 (2).JPG

DSC00647 (2).JPG

DSC00654 (2).JPG

DSC00616.JPG