Model Cars Magazine Forum

On 7/31/2019 at 4:43 AM, stitchdup said:

That is some mighty impressive work. When I first saw it I was amazed and the more I look the more I see. Does anyone know how to get my jaw back off the floor?

thank you for the kind words, it's hard to catch the beauty of the wood in pictures.

12 hours ago, ReduitRetro said:

That looks real nice, I've been wanting to do a real wood plank on frame ship model. Truly got to be a lot of work, but man the final product is worth it. Great job!

thank you, they make different skill level kits. try one they are all beautiful.

On 6/28/2019 at 6:09 PM, Mike Williams said:

Hello Ken, let me write that wooden ships are my favorite modeling experience….my opinion is, this genre is the real deal.  

This model is looking very good.  I can imagine this being as Artesania Latina rendition (edit;  you mentioned Corel) , and your attention to cannon rigging is well done, the planking looks to be correctly executed on the deck and hull, and the overall appearance is a treat.  Did I say that I love wooden ship models…?  lol.

A magnificent model, compliments.  I'll be dropping by when you update, thanks for sharing this endeavor.

thank you Mike, glad you like it

On 7/2/2019 at 2:23 AM, 89AKurt said:

Ship building is an art unto itself.  Someone brought a book to a model meeting, about ship models in museums, they used to build models before blueprints were done.  I'm sure all the real ships are long gone, but the models remain.  More power to you!

thanks Kurt

• 3 weeks later...