Model Cars Magazine Forum

1938 Lincoln SUV (!?!) Street rod

Claude Thibodeau

Hi!

Since most Lincolns are dressed-up Fords anyway... why not imagine what a 1938 Lincoln "SUV" might have looked? Typical Lincoln grille & al. 

Lindberg's Vantastic, with much scratch: 1939 Mercedes looooooong fenders and molded running boards, with side skirts added, and 32 Ford front fender tips molded on, to keep a familiar look to it. Opened rear door (with Lincoln logo), complete interior with loading floor, 41 Willys' buchets, custom door panels, side-opening hood, Shelby Mustang modular engine, IRS, scratchbuilt front axle and suspension, parts box frame (heavily modified), etc.

Tamya's metallic + Testor's Wetlook clear. 

Care to submit a "Lincoln sounding" name for it? Open to suggestions!

Hours of fun with styrene!

CT 

CT 

DSCF3692 (2).JPG

DSCF3688 (3).JPG

DSCF3699 (2).JPG

DSCF3698 (2).JPG

DSCF3702 (2).JPG

DSCF3706 (2).JPG

2 hours ago, oldnslow said:

Hey Claude , it's english , the longbow was a weapon , bow and arrow , conceived to pierce the armor of the day .

Hi Robert!

Ah... I stand corrected, then. My knowledge of medieval weapons is limited, I must admit. But your idea still fits the "elongated" pointy  front theme! 

CT

Great looking build. Someone in the 1:1 world might just build this. Besides the excellent body work and paint, the interior and chassis are the most impressive. I like the Ford in a Ford theme also.