Model Cars Magazine Forum

IMSA Mustangs

ash74

Hello All

I am wondering if someone can guide me on the interior colours of the 7/11 & Folgers IMSA Mustangs, are they close to the Revell colour callouts? Also any ideas on the 7/11 Blue & the Folger's red. Bear in mind I am Australia, so our colour range is pretty limited. Thanks

Ash

• 4 months later...

Hello All

Sorry to rehash an old question. But would anyone have an idea on what colour the engine would be on the IMSA mustangs? I am thinking either Ford blue, Aluminium or gunmetal/metallic black. Could anyone shed any light on this? Just as another thought, is there a website or book that would have pictures? I am not finding a lot with a "google" search. Thanks

Ash

7 hours ago, afx said:

Wow, that's a good thread and the full set of photos are almost overwhelming. Looks like that car was restored to a very high standard.

Kinda makes me appreciate the model all over again - it's pretty accurate, with plenty of opportunity to add your own detail.

Edited by RancheroSteve

Hello All

One last quick question (I hope!!!) Does anyone know of a painting mask set for the body of the 7/11 IMSA mustang. I couldn't find anything obvious on line. Failing that does anyone have any tips or tricks they used to paint theirs? I am mainly concerned with the bonnet area. I had a look & seems more complex then I originally thought. I thought where the front of the bonnet is, is the demarcation of where the blue ends. It also has rounded corners, which I struggle with especially when there are no cheat lines. Thanks again.

Ash

The blocks on most T/A cars were black / gun metal colour. If you look at the photos you can see the block colours. As for the masking templates for the IMSA cars, there were none. If you want to make your own, photo-copy the decal sheet and transfur it to wide masking tape.

Tom Gloy Mustang_6.jpg

Tom Gloy Mustang_5.jpg

Tom Gloy Mustang_3.jpg

Tom Gloy Mustang_4.jpg