Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Car Garage

Hi!

I recently placed an order with Model Car Garage.  It's the first time in quite a few years that I have.  And in previous years my purchases with them have been great.  However, a few weeks ago I made a purchase with them but I haven't heard anything from them.  I did get an email saying they received my order and they are processing it, but nothing since.  Does anyone here know anything about them and can offer some insight?

They are still in good standing with me, I'm just wondering what might be going on there is all.

Thanks for any help on this!

Steve

Thanks for the Feedback!

Like I was saying I'm still a very happy customer of theirs.  I was hoping someone would chime in and say this is when they go on vacation every year or something.  I'm sorry to hear about the owner's Mom and I hope she's doing okay.  I will move on to other cars and when the parts come in go back to this one.

3 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I seem to recall seeing something recently on Facebook about the owner mother falling ill, and she was an integral part of the business. So they're trying to recover from that? Can someone else chime in to confirm?

I saw the same Post on FB his mother is getting up in years, and she used to do the packaging, also it sounded that a divorce was looming in the background. He certainly sounded Glum, but has promised to take care of his customers. I guess time will tell, Hopefully it works out for Him. MCG is such a huge Value to the Hobby .

In the 28 years of model car garage has been in business we’ve never had to face a challenge like what we are right now and most people don’t understand and of course they couldn’t possibly know this but it was my mother who would package 95% of everything that ever went out the door all those years send a little bit ago She was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and she fell at her home and had to be taken to the hospital and I got a phone call and had to go to the hospital they told me that she could not go home to live with her self anymore and I had to make a decision right then and there on what was going to be done with my mom who of course was a huge part of model car garage so she came home to live with me but at that exact same time I myself was going through a divorce because I had a wife who abandoned me as well

Now these are problems that everybody deals with in their life but what this has done is it has slowed down the process of getting things out the door quickly and efficiently and I have been working diligently day and night to get it all straightened out and I have orders that are a month old unfortunately and this is never been the process here at the model car garage with that said my mom wanted to go and visit her daughter 

And that would allow me to get business put back into a fine running oiled gear you might say and sometime in July my mom will go with my mother for a few months so that I can do just that but in the meantime I’m having to do the very very best I can and everybody’s going to get taken care of because I am a honest man but I have been overwhelmed!

If you have an order with us please except my apologies for the delay but know that it will be taken care of and please forgive my miss writing on this as I am using Siri and some of my words may have come out funny

It is OK to tell anybody and all about this that I am writing to all of you as this is not a secret anymore

Blessings to you and thank you for your patience and thank you for using model car garage as we certainly do appreciate your business very very much

Sincerely
Bob korunow 
The Model Car Garage

Here is the Quote from FaceBook

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for sharing that with us.  I am not sure where you came across that but if you do know Bob let him know his loyal customers are out here wishing him the best!  If I thought he lived anywhere close by, I'd jump in my car and go give him a hand with things.  I encourage others on this board to do the same.  Leave a good message to Bob here and let him know we're all thinking about him and wishing him the best.  Sometimes even the smallest of gestures can help quite a bit!

Hey Bob , wishing you well with your Mother , I know how hard the situation can be , been there . If you could use some help , I didn't know you were in Florida , PM me and we can arrange something . I've bought your wonderful products for years and would be happy to come down and help .

Update!  Just wanted to share with everyone that I did get exactly what I ordered!  Maybe took a little while but I'm a happy camper!

Thank you Model Car Garage and I hope you're hanging in there okay!  I've got plenty of kits on the shelf so I'm sure I'll be shopping there again sometime soon!