Model Cars Magazine Forum

ALDI Australia Selling AMT Kits next week.

I don’t know how it is in other homes, but if my missus came home to find me and the boy airbrushing kits on the dinner table, neither of us would have to worry about doing ANYTHING again lol.

Well I’m sure a few of you will get a chuckle out of the comedy gold in at least one of the pics.

10B4B7F2-EB54-4983-ADDD-0C6FFEB64BF5.jpeg

C639652C-176D-405D-848D-64D3B70DC222.jpeg

44779250-9CFF-4FA4-BE6F-1ADDA9EDE4F4.jpeg

ALDI stores here sometimes sell some offbeat items.  Like Hobby Lobby, when they close out those items they cut the price drastically.  I bought a bench top drill press for twenty dollars a few years ago.  They do that with food items too; I've bought half gallons of milk or loaves of bread for 25 or 50 cents because they were within a day or two of the sell-by date.  I don't go in looking for those things, but when they are there I'll give them a look.

On 6/29/2019 at 7:39 AM, Mark said:

ALDI stores here sometimes sell some offbeat items.  Like Hobby Lobby, when they close out those items they cut the price drastically.  I bought a bench top drill press for twenty dollars a few years ago.  They do that with food items too; I've bought half gallons of milk or loaves of bread for 25 or 50 cents because they were within a day or two of the sell-by date.  I don't go in looking for those things, but when they are there I'll give them a look.

My wife buys from them - they deliver to us in Brooklyn for a few bucks, and the savings we make are easily enough to cover the delivery charge.  Had no idea they sometimes did kits and stuff though (or is that just in other countries?).

I'm gonna keep an eye out for sure - "a gallon of Milk and a Foose F100 please honey!" :D

On 6/30/2019 at 8:59 PM, BigTallDad said:

If you shop at Aldi, BYOB (bring your own bags). Where I live, the person staffing the register does not bag, nor do they supply bags.

We order online and they outsource the delivery to independent drivers - and last week's driver apparently didn't know about them not having bags so he had to bring all our items loose.  It was kinda funny seeing the guy carrying two pizzas, then going back to his car, getting the vegetables, going back again to get the ice cream - he had a trunk full of loose groceries.  Took him about 15 minutes to unload 6 bags of shopping :D

Edited by CabDriver

On 03/07/2019 at 3:11 AM, CabDriver said:

That guy must have some pretty good airbrush control to paint the car with all the chrome on there and not paint over it :D

Well he hasn’t taken the sprue off the window opening either, so I’m not sure he gives much of a rats either way lol

Well, they had 4 to choose from, the 3 in the catalogue and the Shelby.

I might also add that $25 probably doesn’t seem like a bargain, but here it is about half the price of toy shops, and no postage. Plus they had this little fine drill set so I treated myself.

8C3272FB-1DF2-487C-B9FD-2EBDAF69FF2A.jpeg

348061AE-F26A-481A-9D4F-6C775289B346.jpeg