Model Cars Magazine Forum

Most beautiful cars of all time

8 hours ago, Jhedir6 said:

I love topics like this, cause there is no wrong answer, and everyone gets to share their own personal tastes.

For me, I've been in love with this car since the first time I saw a picture of one in a book at the public library when I was a kid

Still, to this day, my favourite car of all time...

439492989roa090115feadaytona02-vi.jpg

I'll drink to that !

17 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

It is cool, but a little too "out there" for me. :)

Steve

And that my friend is one of the reasons i like it.. its different. Cars to me from that era just ozze pure pizzaz. Especially the individual coachbuilt cars back then.

Dont get me wrong ..im a diehard muscle car guy thru and thru.

But if i had an unlimited  cash flow....one of these would be near the top of my shopping list. 

2 minutes ago, gtx6970 said:

And that my friend is one of the reasons i like it.. its different. Cars to me from that era just ozze pure pizzaz. Especially the individual coachbuilt cars back then.

Dont get me wrong ..im a diehard muscle car guy thru and thru.

But if i had an unlimited  cash flow....one of these would be near the top of my shopping list. 

Oh I get it Bill.

Some of the cars from the 30s where beautiful cars, and many were very unique.

They're just not really my cup of tea, and even if I had all of the money in the world, I would probably still not buy a car from that era.

Truth be told, I probably wouldn't own the '67 Corvette that I posted either.

Honestly, I think that the big American cars built between about 1955 and 1969 were the most beautiful cars.............almost all of them! :P

Steve

2 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Truth be told, I probably wouldn't own the '67 Corvette that I posted either.

Honestly, I think that the big American cars built between about 1955 and 1969 were the most beautiful cars.............almost all of them! :P

Steve

Same here.

And outside of a few one off or prototype cars, there isnt a Corvette made I can get all giggly for.

But put something from the mid/late 50s thru about 1970 in front of me,,,, and pretty much ALL of them could be on my wish list. Mainly big cars. ESPECIALLY if the top goes down.:D

1957 or 58 Bonneville, 1966 GTO , 1967 Gran Prix,   1958 Sunliner, 1959 Desoto Adventurer, 1961 Chrysler 300 . I like Fins and  chrome, lots of chrome.:D

Today I'm in the mood for this one.

Part of Ghia's "Supersonic" series, a single Aston Martin chassis was given the treatment in 1956.  Similar bodies were fitted to Jaguar and FIAT chassis, with slightly differing proportions and details.

2013-380917-1956-aston-martin-db24-mkii-

https://www.motor1.com/news/38458/one-off-1956-aston-martin-db2-4-mkii-supersonic-by-carrozzeria-ghia-up-for-auction/

also

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/ny13/new-york---art-of-the-automobile/lots/r101-1956-aston-martin-db24-mk-ii-supersonic-by-carrozzeria-ghia/296142

Edited by Brian Austin

20 hours ago, Bucky said:

Great subject! Great bunch of cars, too! How about putting names with the pics. Some of these I don't know.

My choice for this thread is the '68 Chrysler 300. I'll put a pic up later...I'm using my phone right now.

My choice:

1080x-1080x-

I can't just pick one - that would be like eating only one food item for dinner. I like variety.  Maybe of my favorites have already been mentioned, but here is another one not yet considered:

a 1971 Maserati Ghibli.  To me this car has some of the most pleasing and slick lines (from all angles) of all the cars out there, past and present.  It is just simple, and beautiful at the same time.

71_MaseratiGhibli.jpg.63b38323d326e7e8b9e0fa4f9af6ad69.jpg

Edited by peteski